Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » The Depot » finished picture

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
finished picture
William Labbett
Member #4,486
March 2004

Finally a picture finished.

{"name":"613208","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/3\/9\/391bdc720d2d4bcc7147923a9b7afd2c.png","w":1000,"h":1245,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/3\/9\/391bdc720d2d4bcc7147923a9b7afd2c"}613208

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Looking good William

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Peter Hull
Member #1,136
March 2001

Thumbs up from me!

What's the significance of the horizontal lines, Will?

William Labbett
Member #4,486
March 2004

The horizontal lines are only there because I draw the original drawing on lined paper. When I get I time I'll remove them (the drawing was black and white and the coour was added later use paintings and an algorithm).

Kevin Adrian
Member #7,087
April 2006

Excellent job!!!

My mouth will speak words of wisdom; the utterance from my heart will give understanding. (Psalm 49:3)

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Wonderful!

I find it a little odd how the front trees are blank, the back trees are real, and then there's a real flowers in front of the blank trees. It's got an odd "foreground-background-foreground" feeling. But it may be simply I noticed it because you posted a picture and my brain is trying to analyze it more than any other picture it normally sees.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

William Labbett
Member #4,486
March 2004

Thanks. I take your point. The foreground trees were originally drawn all black as inspired by the art of Jeff Smith who wrote and drew a comic called Bone.
They didn't look right so I changed the colour. It would definitely look better if they were real like the others. As you say the flowers in front of the foreground trees do look out of place. Not sure I want to change them though to know someone has spotted the anomaly means it'll be worth getting things right in future drawings.

Go to: