Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro.cc Comments » Helping a buddy in need?

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Helping a buddy in need?
SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

Hey folks, our buddy DoctorCop is struggling with connecting to these fine forums. See https://github.com/liballeg/allegro_wiki/issues/17 which I inline here:

Quote:

I'm unable to create a new account on allegro.cc, or login with my existing account on a different system than my Personal Laptop on which I created my account.

I was able to create an account, I even changed the password, but I was not able to login to my account or again change the password, as there's no option for doing so. The Login with Google feature isn't working either.

Any suggestions of how to help them?

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow."-Ecclesiastes 1:18
[SiegeLord's Abode][Codes]:[DAllegro5]:[RustAllegro]

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

I'm probably going to ask all the wrong questions, but maybe they will lead to the right ones. Is it just a different computer, or a different computer on a different network?

Edit: Some months ago I had a problem with my account. I entered the correct id and password but the screen went back to the login page, no error message. I'm not sure what the solution was. I used a different account to report the problem. I don't remember the solution but I think there was a thread about a system glitch earlier that had been cleared by the time I had the problem.

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Hard to parse exactly what is being tried there. I know creating accounts is messed up.

Upon looking at update password stuff, there seems to be a long standing bug with HTML characters < > & ' " getting encoded prior to being hashed. So if your new password contains one of them when changing on the change password page, you need to convert them to the following when logging in:
&lt; &gt; &amp; &#039; &quot;

That is my&password is actually my&amp;password. Nothing is more secure than a password that even its owner doesn't know. ::)

doctorcop
Member #19,373
February 2021

I broke in, finally.
But I was unable to recover my previous account.

Go to: