Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Allegro Fore [20]20 (Continued...)

Credits go to Edgar Reynaldo and Erin Maus for helping out!
This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Allegro Fore [20]20 (Continued...)
bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

To recap from the previous thread:

bamccaig said:

It is my intention to have a recreational group smoking session with members of this community. I think that it would be a lot of fun to do. In the past I have been in one or two group video chats with some members and it was a lot of fun.

And I think adding cannabis (and/or alcohol) to the mix will be even more fun. I also think some people would get a kick out of seeing me high, and I would get a kick out of seeing some of you high.

bamccaig said:

Note: you don't have to smoke or drink to join the meeting. It's really just a casual social gathering of community members. Anybody is welcome to join, but if you do please be respectful of others. I don't want us to pressure anybody into doing anything that they don't want to do. This is purely about sharing the experience with others and having fun. :)

bamccaig said:

This thing is getting pretty popular. You better get in on this before we need to charge money for it. >:( The next date is up in the air. It could be next weekend, but perhaps we should take a short break. Wait 2 weeks first.

That suggests August 8th at 9 PM EST (2020-08-09 01:00Z)[1].

bamccaig said:

Sounds like Jitsi should work, and it's free/open source, and there's a free hosting site at https://meet.jit.si/. We should test if that works at least as well as Google. We can potentially change to that if we like it enough.

Per my latest statements we are scheduled to have another session Saturday at 9 PM EDT (2020-08-09 01:00Z).

We're going to give Jitsi a try this time because it's free/open source. The meeting will be hosted at https://meet.jit.si/.

We may experience some technical difficulties changing platforms, but we'll cope. :) I just got my first bong so I will hopefully be able to demonstrate that tomorrow. :) You aren't going to want to miss it!

References

1. One of these days daylight savings time is going to change and I'm going to mess this up...
Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

I have a dinner date. >:( I'll try and make it.

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

I'm going to a wine and cheese lunch at the same time, but I'll pop in when I'm done to see if you guys are still there.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

It is on! :D>:(

Append:

Nobody has joined yet. >:( Well, an IRC regular joined briefly. That was it so far. When nobody shows up instead of getting high I get drunk. >:(

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

If you use a weird meeting place, obviously no one is going to go. You always choose bad places! >:(

EDIT:

I edit by edit. without reason.

🌈🌈🌈 🌟 BlackRook WebSite (Only valid from my installer) 🌟 C/C++ 🌟 GNU/Linux 🌟 IceCream/Cornet 🌟 🌈🌈🌈

Rm Beer for Emperor 2021! Rm Beer for Ruinous Slave Drained 2022! Rm Beer for Traveler From The Future Warning Not To Enter In 2023! Rm Beer are building a travel machine for Go Back from 2023! Rm Beer in an apocalyptic world burning hordes of Zombies in 2024!

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

bamccaig said:

I just got my first bong so I will hopefully be able to demonstrate that tomorrow.

Your first bong is the first one you make, not the first one you buy.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

LennyLen said:

Your first bong is the first one you make, not the first one you buy.

Is there any point making your own when it's fully legal and you can just buy one exactly to your liking? ???:P

It seems the best ones are made of glass, and I have no way of working glass... :-/

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

bamccaig said:

Is there any point making your own when it's fully legal and you can just buy one exactly to your liking?

The same can be said for making anything. The answer is that it's fun, and satisfying.

My first one wasn't so much made, as modified. I was at an antique store and found a whole lot of old chemistry glassware. I bought a large retort flask which I just needed to modify the internal diameter of the part where the bung goes in so that it would hold a cone with a piece of hose glued to the bottom of it. Then I made a stand for it all to sit in since the bottom of the flask was round.

The second bong I made when one of my girlfriend's decided to try her hand at pottery, so I decided to join in.

P.S. regarding legality - marijuana use is illegal here in NZ (though we are about to vote on that), but bongs, pipes, etc. can be sold legally, as sellers just put up signs saying they're for tobacco use only.

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

I was playing Terraria with my crush. >:(

I'll try next time!

edit: When's the next time? ;D

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

A next time hasn't been considered... I gave plenty of notice this time, but there was still no participation so perhaps the idea is dead for now... It's pretty depressing being the only one in an online meeting. :'( And pretty exhausting for me in particular.

Since two weeks notice didn't work I think the only way to up it is to aim for a global holiday or something. Perhaps around Christmas we could get more interest.

That said, anybody can initiate one of these anytime they want. If you want to have one suggest a time or post a link yourself. I'll join whenever I can.

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

if you want to awaken become enlighten please review all in this course in Logic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBjAyrX7wms

wow
-------------------------------
i am who you are not am i

Go to: