Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » ALL ABOUT OF MY PROJECT!

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
ALL ABOUT OF MY PROJECT!
RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

I want to break the mess this forum is having, so many BLM fights, protests, crappy lessons in morality, etc. It only gives more negativity to the forum and with it, destroy any motivation of the programmers.

I am going to tell you something important about the project that I have been carrying out for decades, and it has been applied for 7 years. It is the server for online games and other services called BlackRook.

I now have been trying for days to create things, ROL games or Visual Novel to be more exact, I find it quite difficult to change the conditioning that only deviates me in always postponing my work, leaving the damn customs does not seem to be enough.

I am still trying to solve this problem, so far I have thought of various plans and solutions, but can't find the exact time to do it.

So far I have created many things which at the moment are complete, but stagnant waiting to be used. User accounts, permissions, channels, spaces, completely modular, whether for services, games or games in emulator, chat, some multiplayer games or shared singleplayer, score tables, permanent auto-updates, TLS connection, Control of Resources, etc. It has many more characteristics that right now I do not remember, they are noted in a TXT that is transferred on the website in the download section, at least until version 1.0, then due to a bad movement of repositories I have lost the labels and with it the thread of the new features.

The case is as follows:

Before, I used to be ridiculously stupid and innocent and dreamed of starting a gaming company, how delusional it was. So I've given up on the stupid idea and abandoned it, but I want to make games, I don't care how, that's how I've tried to find other alternatives. I have seen the same thing happen to others, different problems but the same result. I have come to the conclusion that we are all victims of a conspiracy that no one can see.
The conspiracy doesn't really matter to me, you can ridicule him if you want, but it's a fact that we're all screwed.
What I want to get to is that everyone somehow stops doing what they want to do, I am sure that we have all grown up wanting to make games, but we have lost direction, desires, dreams, etc.
That is why my goal from 8 years was to create a kind of organization, community or whatever, whose purpose is to live and enjoy making games. I am no longer interested in companies, laws or capitalism. I want a place where none of that matters.
Of course, share this place with other programmers. And establish a relationship with reality or the economy that allows us to live doing what we want.
Of course you would win from all this, you maintain your control in your games, you lose nothing, you earn money just by borrowing a free space to host your games, and you easily access the server from the client omitting all the code related to the network and services. As if that were not enough, you will be in a relaxed place that you like so much, and if one day you are interested, you can take this experience to create your own similar system.
That is why I have created an online game server, I have made it so modular and adaptive, with support for multiple users, permissions, channels and spaces. But that was not the whole plan, the idea was to publish some games, to be famous (I have created its logo called BlackRook so that all the fame falls on it), to bring together users, programmers and players, and with that complete the first phase, what what was having a stable place with a stable connection to the server, and with some income to support myself.
But the plan failed. Although I knew I was going to fail, I had no choice. The problem was that I can't do absolutely nothing by myself, much less without money to hire someone else, like a specialized marketing group.
In the end I am tired, and bankrupt waiting to die completely.
To complete this project I need to be in my best condition, for that I need some money. Minimum 500 euros per month, to transfer me to a better site, buy some necessary tools, put the server in condition through the network, etc. Direct donation by Paypal is required (Patreon is dead). I need 1 to 3 months to prepare everything.

Consider this as a small investment that can help you a lot in the future, after 3 months you would already have your games hosted on the server earning money and much more!

My Website: http://blackrook.xyz/

I can answer any question, I am in the freenode chat and on an own IRC server on the same website.

EDIT ====================================

The idea is to create an ideal place for game programmers, that is why I made it so modular and I have some specialized plans that also allow me to develop motivation in programmers.
Which will only work on the developed Server.

EDIT 2 ==================================

Depressing enough that they don't even ask me about Visual Novel. Am I failing something? Do you think I'm lying?

EDIT 3 ==================================

I am willing to accept any deal. This is not just receiving money or games for my server. If making money for your games is not enough, or creating a visual novel in an easy way, or using anything else from my server. I don't know what could interest you and what I can offer you with all the jobs created.

🌈🌈🌈 🌟 BlackRook WebSite (Only valid from my installer) 🌟 C/C++ 🌟 GNU/Linux 🌟 IceCream/Cornet 🌟 🌈🌈🌈

Rm Beer for Emperor 2021! Rm Beer for Ruinous Slave Drained 2022! Rm Beer for Traveler From The Future Warning Not To Enter In 2023! Rm Beer are building a travel machine for Go Back from 2023! Rm Beer in an apocalyptic world burning hordes of Zombies in 2024!

MikiZX
Member #17,092
June 2019

Hi RmBeer2
it is a little difficult to understand (for me) what your desired outcome is so I will ask few questions to try to understand better.
I understand some things you are saying but I cannot connect them in a single context. Namely, if I understand correctly your project is something like a platform (that anybody can install on their own server? which OS?) where you can create a small community of game developers (the developers that you know and are your friends so when you meet online you know the atmosphere is all good?) and this platform is then used to publish games and updates (new versions of the game and game content) easily to all your friends' computers so they can try the game and give feedback?
Have I understood this correctly? (p.s. if you have time - make maybe a flow chart on paper explaining how it all works?)
Then the game can be published using the same platform for non-developers (people that will want to play the game) so that the game can be sold and make money. Is this correct?
I understand that monetization is optional - what I do not understand at all is how can the monetization be done in this setup? (by default my server will not have the monetization and DRM control so I need to make this module myself?).
If I make a game, does it have to be compiled to a special format to work on your platform? (Is this maybe the 486 emulator project that you have done - an online 486 emulator where you load a game and snapshot it for distribution?).
I am sorry because (as you can probably see) I don't understand - there is in my mind few connections that do not form yet and some confusion.
I like the idea of small private community where you know people are taking part in because it is fun - not because they work in a third party company and they come to the community to scavenge ideas or entire projects for rebranding and a quick sale on Steam. In my oppinion the moment video games are sold (because there are so many games made these days) then people will use whatever edge they can get to win in the 'selling' competition and this creates problem with sharing and having a community (this online place that you talk about) where people can be sure none of the commercial aspects/competition exists. I think this kind of cummunity can exist at a level of a small town or heighbourhood where people actually know eachother in real life - sadly on the internet there will always be this doubt that while sharing or developing, one ends up having 'false' friends that are only interested in what they can take.
Though likely I have misunderstood a lot of what you have said? And I do not have any experience in making games to sell on Steam for money so maybe I am talking about things/problems that do not exist at all.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

You'll have to forgive rmbeer. His first language is not English, but Spanish.

rmbeer2 - As I said, is there an english version? Or do you have to translate the website first?

Also, don't be upset if you don't get many replies. It's not because it's a bad idea, but you need to advertise somewhere with more traffic, like gamedev.net.

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

@MikiZX :
Upside down. Anyone can use my server remotely. Perhaps you should create a new term to define its purpose or function. Saying that you are a Server could be generating confusion, although I have not yet found a better way to say it.
What you do is compile a module or sub-module, and upload it to the server so that anyone can use it online. You decide what type of license your code will have and how to earn money (you can even do it totally free, although that way nobody will win anything).
It's more like taking advantage of server and client availability.
About your friends and their games, that's correct. There can be developers and players. There are players who don't program, but only want to play. It can function both as a private and public community. Being very modular, you may only want to have an independent social network (chat), or a chat automatically included within the game itself.
About monetization. The server already has its own credit control, which can be used directly from the game once it has been configured from the server.
Sorry, I don't recognize DRM in any way.

The 486 Emulator is just a third option away from the Module and Sub-Module. It is the safest option and where you have direct access to a hardware emulation, such as a game console.

Don't worry, so far everyone who has read ends up confused. It does not seem that my writing is bad, it's very possible that the design and the concept are totally different.

It is interesting what you mention about the commercial and false friends, I take these aspects into account, but although I have some ideas to develop, it is something that can only be practiced during the march. As soon as I find those aspects that I dislike, I will try to fix it.

Steam or any other site does not exist here. It is already a server where the games will be stored and you can set the prices you want, and unlike other sites, it is completely online.

It's not a business, it's not lucrative, it's not even charity or community. It is something completely new where it does not follow any known system, it completely focuses on our interests of playing and creating games, of motivating and sharing with our friends or strangers, and living from it.

There are 3 ways to program your own projects or games:
1) Module: Serves for any service not related to games. Currently it has chat and games, and in the future it plans to host files, forums, mailes, annotators, etc.
2) Sub-Module: Mainly in the games module. Lets you set and use a list of games.
3) Emulator 486: Mainly in the games module, with emulation in the sub-module. The same as the previous one but it covers a restricted space in memory, which makes it safe, it is more like a game console emulator.

🌈🌈🌈 🌟 BlackRook WebSite (Only valid from my installer) 🌟 C/C++ 🌟 GNU/Linux 🌟 IceCream/Cornet 🌟 🌈🌈🌈

Rm Beer for Emperor 2021! Rm Beer for Ruinous Slave Drained 2022! Rm Beer for Traveler From The Future Warning Not To Enter In 2023! Rm Beer are building a travel machine for Go Back from 2023! Rm Beer in an apocalyptic world burning hordes of Zombies in 2024!

MikiZX
Member #17,092
June 2019

Thank you for explaining Rm Beer! It is much clearer now. I can see how this can work - it has its value and logic.
Actually now re-reading your original post I see things I did not understand on the first reading so I better take some time to process all. I like the idea of it being online so it is easily accessible to anybody.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Go to: