Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Sorry to open this thread for this...

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Sorry to open this thread for this...
stefanhendriks
Member #17,921
July 2020

Hi,

I have created this account because I am unable to recover from my existing account. The original is stefanhen83.

I have tried resetting passwords multiple times, but the login fails (with newly send passwords). I tried multiple days to ensure it wasn't some kind of fluke.

Also, I have mailed to the support e-mail about this but no answer.

So I resort as a last ditch effort to request to get my account re-opened (if possible). After that, by all means close this thread.

Is anyone capable (some admin) to re-enable my account? (I presume it has been disabled because of long-term inactivity).

I owe a lot to the Allegro.cc community (back in the day) when working on my Dune clone.

Thanks again for any help, kind regards,

Stefan.

PS. you can e-mail me (to verify account) at the email address as specified in the original account. (stefanhen83[at]gmail.com).

(edit: probably should have posted this in the Allegro.cc feedback forum, sorry :/ - cant move it myself)

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

What login? the forum or the google? If it is the forum, did you activate the option to log in automatically?

🌈🌈🌈 🌟 BlackRook WebSite (Only valid from my installer) 🌟 C/C++ 🌟 GNU/Linux 🌟 IceCream/Cornet 🌟 🌈🌈🌈

Rm Beer for Emperor 2021! Rm Beer for Ruinous Slave Drained 2022! Rm Beer for Traveler From The Future Warning Not To Enter In 2023! Rm Beer are building a travel machine for Go Back from 2023! Rm Beer in an apocalyptic world burning hordes of Zombies in 2024!

stefanhendriks
Member #17,921
July 2020

I refer to the account to Allegro.cc (forum and depot, etc).

I can't seem to login with a newly generated password, it just says Cant login.

So I guess the account has been locked. I suppose an admin can unlock it so I can reset the password myself and re-login.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

stefanhendriks
Member #17,921
July 2020

Thx, I have mailed Matthew. I also e-mailed support@allegro.cc, but it was a while ago. Not sure if it is being used anymore :)

Is there any discord or IRC that is still active? I could also try there. Unsure how active this scene is nowadays.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

stefanhendriks
Member #17,921
July 2020

thanks. I'll try both options as well.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Stefan Hendriks
Member #5,601
March 2005

Sorted! ( I am now using the account I tried to recover).

So, its an error between keyboard and chair...

Looks like I had allegro.cc set up to use login via google. This is something I usually do not do. This is must be an exception.

Hence, it works now. Yay!

Now I can delete/remove the other account.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Stefan Hendriks
Member #5,601
March 2005

Hmm, this is not really sorted yet.

It looks like as if this account is not the one used to put Dune2TheMaker in the Depot. Although, my profile is a lot older and I can see my correct bio.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact I am logged in via google now.

Edit:

Interestingly, I seem to have another (even older!) account:

https://www.allegro.cc/members/stefan.hendriks (#1959)
https://www.allegro.cc/members/stefan.hendriks1 (this one)

and the newest account https://www.allegro.cc/members/stefanhendriks

So obviously this could be merged into 1 account. Preferably 1959. Not sure what the stefan.hendriks1 account is (maybe created via google login?).

I tried to get reset my account by using the stefan.hendriks username, but it said it could not find information. So I guess the reset pwd feature uses another/internal username (which is not necessarily the account you see in the url).

I'm afraid it also uses a very old e-mail address I am not using. I tried an old one (found in my archives), but to no avail.

Go to: