Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Amsterdam meetup

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Amsterdam meetup
amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

I've attended the Amsterdam Indie Game Developer meetup a few times, and I was the only Allegro (or even C++) programmer there.

Is there anybody near who would like to join? We can organize our own mini-meetup on top of the general gamedev meetup. And we can show those lazy Unity slobs what real game development looks like :)

The next one is January 25. If that's too soon there will be another in February

https://www.meetup.com/Amsterdam-Indie-Game-Developers/

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Hmm, I'm interested.

I'll need to figure out planes and what not. It's a 7 hour flight from here.

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

and it makes your hair fall out prematurely.... xD

Well, I still have my hair. But other than that, yeah, sounds about right :)

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

It's slow, painful, and it makes your hair fall out prematurely.... xD

That is an accurate statement about allegro.cc >:(

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Are there a lot of allegroids near the Amsterdam area?

How often do these meetups happen? It looks like they're monthly. 🤔

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Are there a lot of allegroids near the Amsterdam area?

Some. Tdammers and maybe also Tharro.
We had a meetup years ago with FMC, Evert, Andrei Ellman

Quote:

How often do these meetups happen? It looks like they're monthly. 🤔

Yes, they happen most months.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

I could make the one in February, also. It's probably too soon for everybody this weekend, I'm guessing just based on the responses.

--

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Well, if you're serious about coming all the way from Canada for this, then I'll try to organize something bigger!

I presume you want to visit Amsterdam for more reasons than just this meetup, right?

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Well, if you're serious about coming all the way from Canada for this, then I'll try to organize something bigger!

That'd be cool :) It doesn't have to be anything big. Last Allegro meetup I was at, there were 3+1 which was fun.

I can bring the Allegro stickers, I have a few left. Maybe we can put them on other people's laptops. 8-)

The February one would be better for me, I can plan for it much better, like woah that Vondel Park Plaza looks fancy. :o.

Quote:

I presume you want to visit Amsterdam for more reasons than just this meetup, right?

I've always wanted to travel around there. I've only been to Manchester in all of Europe. But mostly the meetup ;)

--

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

There was at least one Amsterdam meet-up also in 2012, Andrei Ellman, Evert and me back then. I'd get there but I'm already booked for the weekend, so maybe next time.

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Mark, how flexible are you with the timing? Because the meet up occurs any month, we could target April. Much better chance of good weather, or at least a small amount of sunshine. Plus, the tulips will be blooming, if you are into that sort of thing.

I'll talk with the meetup organizer tomorrow and see if we can already set dates for the coming months, that will make it easier to plan.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

April sounds good. I'm flexible. :)

--

Go to: