Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Allegro talk at Bristol Games Hub

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Allegro talk at Bristol Games Hub
dthompson
Member #5,749
April 2005

I've finally gotten off my ass and decided to start participating in some real-life game dev meetups.

Bristol (where I live in the UK) houses the aptly-named Bristol Games Hub. I went there to a talk last night, had a chat with a couple of people, and mentioned I'd like to do a talk at the next one. This'll obviously be on Allegro - or more broadly, "lowish-level games development" - or, how to use Allegro (and some other tools) to write your own engine.

No idea if anyone here lives around there, but hopefully it'll be next month. Sorry it's not one of the many Bristols in the US. :P

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Be sure to mention the longest thread in Allegro history.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Do not forget us !

8-)

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Very cool. If it's recorded I hope you'll share it. Or at the least I hope you'll share any presentation/notes for it. Thanks.

Of course, I'm sure we'd be happy to proofread your plan too. I might not be much help, but some members could certainly help to straighten out any areas you're grey on.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

dthompson
Member #5,749
April 2005

It'll probably just be a 20 minute live demo made of bits and pieces from (new) Vivace. Proofreading would be very much appreciated 8-)

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Also hoping for a recording!

Good luck!

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Nice! Out of curiosity, which day is the meet up exactly?

I frequently go to the gamedev meetup in Amsterdam. I've mentioned allegro to them, but haven't convinced anybody yet.

dthompson
Member #5,749
April 2005

Their meetups are on the last Thursday of every month. Sadly, all the slots are booked for a while though - so it may not be for a little while...

Go to: