Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » 8 Months of Recreational Cannabis Use

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
8 Months of Recreational Cannabis Use
bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

So it has been approximately 8 months since legalization of recreational cannabis use in Canada. And I jumped on the bandwagon right away to try it. Here are some findings:

• Do your research first. It's a fun thing to do, but it's not without it's consequences. You really do want to invest some time in doing your homework, figuring out if it might be viable for you, and how best to approach it.

• Make sure to do it in a safe environment. It can make you extremely vulnerable so you definitely want to be somewhere you feel safe, where there are only people you trust around. Better yet if they have experience with getting high so they can help you if you're new.

• Start slow. No, really. Very slow. My very first time actually getting high I tripped balls. I didn't know dosing, and was overconfident from alcohol experience and failing to inhale previously. I felt locked in my mind/body. I couldn't control my thoughts. It was horrifying. See next point:

• Paranoia is a very real thing. It depends on the strength and your tolerance, but you definitely need to consciously identify and combat paranoia sometimes.

• Dosage is a slippery slope. You seem to build a tolerance quite fast; or analyzed another way the severity of the effects sometimes vary. One day you get stoned and enjoy it. Other days you keep on going and don't seem to feel it. Of course, this depends on the strength of the herb and whether you're mixing with "kief".

• Kief is where most of the power is in. Kief is basically white crystals of THC that fall off the bud when you grind it. Some grinders collect it separately so you can dose it as desired, whereas others just let it mix with your ground weed. I have the former so I can't say what the experience is like with the latter. I often forget about the kief, but I'm also not trying to (as one publication put it) "melt my face off". So my kief tends to pile up in the bottom of my grinder. Which is likely part of the reason why sometimes I get stoned, and sometimes it doesn't seem to impact me as much.

• The length of time intoxicated can be very unpredictable. In general, when smoking or vaping, it's supposed to be about 4 hours. When eating/consuming activated THC it can be 8 or 12 hours. I find that it comes in waves. You go from feeling high, to feeling sober again, and then feeling high again without doing any more. It's very different from being drunk. Even when I vape, I occasionally still feel kind of high much, much later than expected. Like the next day, 8 or 12 hours since I stopped. I can be out, doing stuff because I should be sober, and suddenly feel high again momentarily. It's hard to explain.

• I've heard some people say that you can drive high. The law is clear: you cannot. But in my experience, I'd never even want to attempt it. Being high compromises my systems worse than being drunk. And I try to never drive drunk either. I'm pretty sure MythBusters even demonstrated that driving tired is worse than driving drunk. Well I think they'd find that driving stoned is even worse if they were still around. Lots of comedians joke about it, and it's hilarious material, but I really can't understand how they think it's acceptable. Of course, I sort of get it. You're sort of more conscious when you're stoned. Or at least, if you focus you kind of become unstoned momentarily. You can sort of overcome the effects if you try hard. But if I'm really stoned, I tend to lose control of conscious thought. It's as if my memory gets wiped ever 5 seconds. I can be thinking of an idea that I think is good, and ... nope, it's gone. Not even a hint what it was, like you can normally find if you try hard enough sober. Stoned, that idea is gone, and the more time you waste trying hopelessly to find it again the more ideas you're passing by that are further clouding the original lost idea.

• The way you feel high is influenced largely by your state of mind. It's best to set the mood. Put on some music. Make sure you have no responsibilities planned for the next while. You can be overwhelmed by it. Ideally, you just sort of reach a peaceful, gleeful state. Sometimes I notice my eyes "binocular" vision. And if I look in the mirror it's clear why. My eyes are squinted. Typical stoner look. I've found that the more I vape the less I notice this effect though. It used to actually transform colors too. It reminded me of the "nightvision" mode of Counter-Strike. But by binocular vision I mean that my eyes become more focused, and images directly in front of me become larger and take up more of my vision.

• Cannabis is very complex. There are two primary strains, and most of the weed you get today is somewhat a mix of both, but vendors try to track or guess at the dominant strain. The strain type influences how the cannabis will affect you. There are strains with plenty of properties. Some of them make you giggly. Some will make you tired. Some will make you energized. Often you will feel very creative, and have ideas constantly popping out of your head (which seem brilliant at the time, but in my experience most sober people roll their eyes). In addition to the strains, there are two primary compounds that influence our minds/bodies in cannabis: THC, which is the psychoactive compound that makes you feel high; and CBD, which is described as a more medicinal compound that can aide with pain relief and that sort of thing.

Initially I found weed was a perfect solution to my inability to feel like I wanted to go to bed at night. I'd stay up until 3 AM without it. Yet a bit of a vape would make me want to go to bed instantly at 9 PM. It just sort of took the fire out of me, and made me think why not go to bed. It was very useful at that stage because I often have trouble going to bed on time, which means I also have trouble waking up on time.

Unfortunately, I seem to have mostly lost that property now. I don't know if it's tolerance, or if mixing alcohol (which is called crossfading) has cancelled out that benefit, but it rarely puts me to sleep anymore.

There are so many options available on the market. From brands/vendors, to strains and hybrids, to potency, to balance of compounds, to even the consumption methods used... Pretty much every type you try will affect you slightly differently, and over time they might affect you differently too.

It's pretty clear that not enough research has been done, and it's pretty incompetent of our species as a whole to have not even done much research on it until now. It's clearly a very powerful plant. It can be loads of fun recreationally, and can offer a very safe, medicinal value too. If it's not legal yet where you live then I recommend getting on board movements to change the law. If it is legal and you haven't yet then consider it. But respect it. It's no joke. But it'll probably still make you giggle a lot...

My alcohol habit probably limits the beneficial properties that I get from cannabis because it sort of negates them. Whereas if I was just stoned I might feel content and want to go to bed, the alcohol is probably making me depressed and want to stay up and burn moonlight. So results may vary. But as with other legalization states there doesn't seem to be any real adverse affects. You do need to be conscious of memory loss. It does happen. The effects are mostly limited to when you're actually using the plant though. It goes away afterward quite quickly. But it's worth being aware of. And like I said, those rare times I suddenly feel high in public the day after are pretty alarming... It's not clear to me yet if I'm high, or if I'm just ... having some sort of after affect/flashback to the feeling. But it's pretty uncomfortable.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

bamccaig said:

Unfortunately, I seem to have mostly lost that property now. I don't know if it's tolerance, or if mixing alcohol (which is called crossfading) has cancelled out that benefit, but it rarely puts me to sleep anymore.

I'd say it probably is tolerance. When I first started smoking weed (about 25 years ago), it used to help me sleep, but that only lasted for a year or so.

As you've noticed, your tolerance can build up pretty fast. When I first started smoking, one "tinny" (about 1 gram) would last me a fortnight, but within a few years I could go through one to one and a half ounces a week.

Once you build up the tolerance, it doesn't seem to go away either. For me at least anyway. I didn't smoke anything for all of 2018, but had a few sessions at the start of this year, and I still needed to smoke at least twice as much as anyone else to get any noticeable effect.

Quote:

You do need to be conscious of memory loss. It does happen. The effects are mostly limited to when you're actually using the plant though. It goes away afterward quite quickly.

Extended use does make it worse, at least in my experience. It probably won't be so bad if you're just smoking at weekends, or a small amount at night. I was smoking 20+ hours a day, seven days a week for years. I was also doing lots of other drugs too though, which probably hasn't helped.

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

@bamccaig Very Premature analysis.

There are many different stains find the one that you can Handel.

All cannabis does is give your body access to more data. And it is data that your body would normally fitter out because it over loads your brain if you cant control the processing clock cycle setting. this of it as normal getting 256bit 30 fps then with Cannabis you are getting 4K at 456fps. but the boost dose not just apply to vision every one of your senses are taking in boosted amounts of detailed data.

another thing that is happening is you are given random direct access to your user made subconscious processing threads.

Also you will have random access to long term Memory and this is because of the over clocking more Memory keys are being passed in to the subconscious Memory retrieval thread.

note when you get processor over load you pass out.

NOTE
if you are able to train yourself using Mental focus to manually do data filtering. You will develop an enhanced body/mind.

it will allow you to "manually " allocate task to your subconscious for back ground process.

note i am talking about task that would not normally be able to be sent to the subconscious for processing because they require more data input so the task treads normally stay in the conscious processing Que where they can monitor the data input at the required update rate.

there is more stuff happening that i have not figured out yet and other stuff that i have not documented.

note this analysis is based on my usage

Edit there are things you can drink/eat to lower your tolerance like green tea

Edit also note the state you go into is similar to endorphin adrenal. but with out the sweet in most cases

wow
-------------------------------
i am who you are not am i

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

It definitely sounds crazy, and yet ... a part of me is ... maybe. :-/

I can definitely see how a computer guy could come up with these ideas while high. I cannot see how he would still believe that after he sobered up, but maybe the answer to that is that piccolo never sobers up. :D

I'll give him this: I probably wouldn't be able to hold onto that idea long enough to type up that full post. I'm usually lucky to spit out a couple of hasty sentences into IRC before the idea is gone. :P

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

this is not something i just made up it is from years of research. i have an ability to figure out how things work.

it even tie perfectly with
Maslow's hierarchy of needs
Three Brain Theory
and many other things i have research.

Humans are mechanically/ passively programed

pain = 0
dopamine = 1

we are programed in a sand box where there creator knows all the variables

ask me what u do not understand this is something i have a vast about of knowledge on.

the same logic can be used to create AI.

wow

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

wow

Doctor Cop
Member #16,833
April 2018

I have not used marijuana but I have tried high concentration lemonade.
You just need three lemons with half a glass of water. It will surely get you high.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Interestingly enough, the "terpenes" in cannabis are shared by other plants common in our world. This means that strains of cannabis actually smell like familiar things, like citrus and pine. There are usually varying degrees of composition of these terpenes, which means that each strain smells differently. Some of them are pungent, and remind you of harsh chemicals like gasoline. Yet many are sweet like berries, or remind you of spices.

From this perspective, I could imagine that you have been lead to believe that some very particular strain of cannabis is actually lemonade because indeed it smells like lemonade. There might just be some unusual and special "fruit" in that particular lemon tree. ;)

Otherwise, I think you're full of malarkey. >:( I can't imagine that lemonade can get you "high", and I imagine a potent lemonade would be very harmful for dental health due to the acidity.

In other news, I'm trying to get stoned right now, but having little effect. I swapped back from potent "Shiskaberry" and "BC Sensi Star" (which are mid-to-high potency of THC and negligible CBD) to "Shark Shock" (which is 2:1 CBD:THC, something like 6%:3%). I swapped somewhat so I could drink scotch alongside and throttle the effects, but it's backfiring. The scotch is making me feel nauseous (I assume because of the weed), yet the weed isn't getting me high (because it's weak)... Failing on both fronts. This is just disappointing.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

I told you not to mix liquor and weed, that's what's making you sick. And pretty soon you'll get the spins.

Whatever Audio books Piccolo is listening to, I want to get my hands on them, that or his weed.

And by the way bam-a-lam, it was a joke. Try to laugh. :D xD

Unless it was electric Kool-Aid. Maybe he just takes stronger stuff than you....

;)

Doctor Cop
Member #16,833
April 2018

Well, I think its all about tolerance. I don't have any so I get High on lemonade, cocoa beans, and garlic too.
It's all about having fun, it may not be getting high but I'm sure it's very close to "Getting High".

And did I mention that its in very high concentration?

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

it is not that i have stronger stuff. i know how to use Cannabis every thing in this world is made where/how it is for purposes the the the design and purposes is what humans must figure out so that they can advance.

notice how they don't recommend kids using cannibals or any similar substances. they never tell you why in detail how ever i figured it out.

and substance that produces dopamine can maybe interfere with the body natural dopamine production.

your body has passive programing embedded in it. that programing is responsible for learning how to use the body as well as protecting it.

what people call instinct is really passive programing.

basically passive programing is where you have building something a curtain way to get the thing to behave in a certain way with out programing it directly to behave in that way.

simple example you have a sand box environment with a rat in it you want the rat to move to at piticalar area in the box wih out telling the rat to go there. so you make all the other areas in the box unconformable for the rat and he will make his way to the area that you want him to go.

the human body is programed the same way task the body must preform are coded in the body using pain receptors and dopamine. when something needs to be done the process normaly produces dopamine in the body that will cousx the Mind to get the task done..

thats right the Mind is what interprets the passive program using the 3 brains.

ego

responsible for interest in doing task this part of the brain just wants dopamine.

the ID responsible for reviewing past similar task and weighing the dopamine levels and pain(disconfurt) levels it has had in the pass and will determiner if and how the take will be preformed. in normal scenario ID has control over ego and is any to persuade it to work together for the best outcome.

this stuff is long might better to record it using audio

edit i don't really drink alcohol anymore it suppress you Id.

wow

Doctor Cop
Member #16,833
April 2018

I thought that ID was debunked by the cheese grater scientists (I mean Apple product users).

dthompson
Member #5,749
April 2005

King Piccolo said:

thats right the Mind is what interprets the passive program using the 3 brains.

Damn, this is really something. My new fave a.cc thread.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

@Edgar Reynaldo of course whe are programmers and humans are just that programs.
our memories are even stored in a format similar to a mathematical dictionary.

this allows for memories keys to be used and different parts or memories are found and reused in newer or similar problems a human is facing just like Algebra

edit 6/15/2019 2.pm
one of my subconscious research questions tread just completed and submitted its data to my conscious while i was on the toilet.

the data is an understanding of why society is failing and then where are left with many poor and homeless

basically i have said that society is an imitation of nature and in order to current the issues we need to go to nature and see how nature deals with the same issues.

society is an imitation of the family and government is the head of the house hold father to male and female

just like the family in nature the families in society should produce families and on ward

gov controls society and instead of being a father to the females gov is trying to be a husband. gov even adopts other families instead taking care of the families that are part of its family

wow

Go to: