Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Programming Questions » getting unichar chars in C

Credits go to Edgar Reynaldo for helping out!
This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
getting unichar chars in C
Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

I am trying to write a game in C and have a few questions. I need to get user input and found this thread doing something similar. However, it appears to be C++, is there an equivalent for C?

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

I think I see it now. Thanks. Fixed the link.

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

I accept unicode characters in my own Deluxe Pacman games (see sourcecode at link in sig). You can check out my highscore input routines specifically which accept unicode. This is all written in C as well, no C++ in it.

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Go to: