This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
KrampusHack 2018 : Collision1982
GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

KrampusHack 2018 : Collision1982

Collision1982

Controls:

-arrows for horizontal and vertical thrust, be warned that a collision mess your trust values
-mouse aim and left button: aim and shoot

Objective:

-Reach the far right side of the screen and take one exit door while avoiding or killing the enemies that will try to kill you.

Hint:

-Do not thrust too much. Cruise low and aim fine, take your time.
-The more enemies you kill, the more powerful you got

Should compile fine under windows and linux with the right dependencies. If asked I'll build a linux version.

Edit :
-The level size can be tweaked in the DATA/level/level1.txt file, the first 2 numbers are the W and H size of the level, in tile size.
(full line syntax: sscanf( str, "%d %d %d %d %d %d %d", &lvl -> w, &lvl -> h, &m1, &m2, &m3, &lvl -> tilew, &lvl -> tileh ); with m1,2,3 the life of the monsters type 1,2,3 , tilew & tileh the size of one tile )
-Level is auto generated, I first fill it with walls and some 'crawlers' make the empty spaces. I forgot to initialize rand, so it may not look like it's the case.
-I planned to make 10 levels with different geometry and size, some bonus for better shoots, and all, but no time.
-Accuracy is xp based. The more you kill the more accurate you are.
-XP and level are used, but no progress bar so far.
-I may edit a finished version of the entry during the first semester
-The multiplayer is achieved via a hack: one can control the vehicle why a second player use the mouse to clean the areas

Entry(code&binaries)

{"name":"611815","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/9\/a\/9a97dae6e662ae29923cc57c22319ab4.png","w":813,"h":516,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/9\/a\/9a97dae6e662ae29923cc57c22319ab4"}611815 {"name":"611816","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/7\/3\/73295affaa00b7ab1221abd231d6d2b0.png","w":1268,"h":785,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/7\/3\/73295affaa00b7ab1221abd231d6d2b0"}611816

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Doctor Cop
Member #16,833
April 2018

I played your game and enjoyed it very much. Keep up the good work!

Why is the door so far away?
I mean at least first level should be easy enough to get the hang of the game. No?

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

You're right, but I can explain why ^^

I did not have enough time to put sounds, make menus and polish the leveling system, so instead of giving nothing, I tuned the first level a bit, and made it longer, with much more space and lots of monsters.

This is also why you have a full wall of doors, I did not have the time to do better.

Conclusion: If you remember what Edgar said to you regarding how to finish an entry, you see it in application now. If I had stick to the original plan, no game would have been done, so in the last hours I decided to keep only what was working and deal with it.

Thanks for the tests and review :-D

SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

I liked the graphics. It seemed hard until I figured out you could shoot... but then I discovered that you could just hold the fire button and slowly advance through the level... easy things to remedy, but either way it was fun to try this out.

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow."-Ecclesiastes 1:18
[SiegeLord's Abode][Codes]:[DAllegro5]:[RustAllegro]

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Thanks for the feedback :-)

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

i'm waiting for it :-)

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

That's why I said "-Do not thrust too much. Cruise low and aim fine, take your time."

;-)

Thanks for trying it !

Go to: