Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro Development » Please add Examples in the documetation.

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Please add Examples in the documetation.
Doctor Cop
Member #16,833
April 2018

I am a beginner in C++ and I have difficulty in understanding the documentation page just because there are not enough examples.
Please add examples to every function and macro so that who are not very good in understanding just by looking at the syntax could also benefit from that.

I am going to make a YouTube series in allegro and I need them so please help me senpai.:P

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Doctor Cop, there are examples distributed with the source code. If you grep those for a particular function you can find example usage.

I agree though that including an example snippet for each function or symbol would greatly benefit the documentation and aid in the popularity of the library. Instead of chasing your tail trying to figure out how the pieces fit together, you could see a minimal example of the dependencies for a particular call to work right on the same page as its reference documentation. Instant click, instantly back to hacking.

Doctor Cop
Member #16,833
April 2018

Thaks for the suggestion.

Go to: