Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro.cc Comments » So... is A.CC going down often the last few days? Or is it just my DNS/internet?

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
So... is A.CC going down often the last few days? Or is it just my DNS/internet?
Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Because I can access most sites just fine.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

It's been working fine for me the past couple days, but I rarely check it more than two or three times per day.

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

I caught it SLOW one day. And when I say slow, the type of slow I'm amazed a connection timeout didn't occur somewhere.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

It's not just you; it was down for me today for me today as well.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

A couple times it's been slow af. Last night when I tried to load it was also slow.

Maybe it's too many people loading Thread locks too soon

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

Yes, very slow...

torhu
Member #2,727
September 2002

Seemed to be down for a while yesterday.

beoran
Member #12,636
March 2011

Yes, yesterday it was excessively slow. Perhaps a DOS attack? I hope it has been resolved. Our gracious host should be able to explain.

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

It gave me 'Connection refused' when I submitted a post. It was then down for a while. About an hour later I found the post, timestamped when I first submitted it. Just in case that helps.

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I've had at least 2-3 hour periods today of no response, no ping. But I think ping is disabled.

I was going to add to my previous post and it just lagged out after I posted.

I wonder if it is related to the thread length. :o

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

Yeah, I've been having issues too, but since I have other sites I can go to I don't stress too much over it.

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

I don't worry about allegro.cc - but is http://tins.amarillion.org working for anyone?

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

Elias said:

I don't worry about allegro.cc - but is http://tins.amarillion.org working for anyone?

TINS comes up with a "Service Unavailable" message. :(

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

TINS site should be working! At least it is for me... It's possible you just caught me during the 5 minutes I was doing some server maintenance.

Also make sure it's properly redirecting you to (secure) https://tins.amarillion.org

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Go to: