Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Google Translate is Literally Hitler

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2 
Google Translate is Literally Hitler
torhu
Member #2,727
September 2002

Go to Google Translate and type in "ooga booga nigga nigga" (you might have to press Detect Language to get it to recognize the phrase). Really ;D

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

Somali? And what does this have to do with Hitler exactly?

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

THE CONSPIRACY WAS TRUE.

THE BRIEFCASE IS IN THE TUB.

THE MONEY IS WET.

CODE PANDA. CODE PANDA.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

torhu
Member #2,727
September 2002

Uh, did any of you guys actually try it? ::)

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

Machine translators are notoriously terrible, but this gave me a nice chuckle. :P

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I actually did.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

Google Translate likes its niece a little too much. Should I be turning it into the FBI or local authorities?

I did laugh as I typoed and did ooga booga nigga niga which then got me trying
ooga booga niga niga, ooga boga niga niga and oga boga niga niga which all actually translated from Somali and Japanese to English phrases.

torhu
Member #2,727
September 2002

What? Ok, I guess you have to live in Europe to get this joke.

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

I got "I was in my niece".

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

If that was the whole joke, it's pretty weak.

jhuuskon
Member #302
April 2000

I hate Google translate, machine translation and the whole concept of statistical linguistics. Sure, it works between all the major language with massive written corpus, i.e. english and french, german, spanish and such because their grammars are relatively simple and they're not very synthetic, but it fails hard with smaller and highly synthetic languages such as finnish where there is limited written corpus and extensive agglutination.

And with the exception of maybe the estonians, hungarians and polish, people don't realise that. Fuck, Google doesn't realise that. Nowhere is it more obvious and infuriating than in the Google Play store. App developers in their ignorance think they're doing a favour buy machine translating their app descriptions, but the reality is the end result is always unintelligble gibberish. And with Google being Google, you can't change the description language in Play store without changing the system language in your Android device. So if I need an app for some reason, the Play store is absolutely useless for that and I'm forced to search the web for what I need.

You don't deserve my sig.

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

torhu said:

What? Ok, I guess you have to live in Europe to get this joke.

Yeah, because in the states, seeing the translation implies incest (or something else if niece is a minor) which are serious topics that have no humor to them (unless you count the redneck stereotype comedians and movies use). If you are trying to make a subtle joke, then it was so subtle that I missed it.

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

I get "I have been in my niece" in the UK.

torhu, it seems as if we all get different things, so what do you get? Specter, don't judge :)

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

Specter, don't judge

Sorry, I keep forgetting we are in the political correctness era where facts and explaining are judging, sexism, racism, phobias all in one. Feels also now beat science and biology. What a great time to be alive and anti-social! ;)

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

torhu
Member #2,727
September 2002

I get "I have been in my niece" in the UK.

Yes, that's what I get.

The point is that something that just sounds like quasi racist gibberish is turned into something semi incestuous by GT. It helps to know that Somali culture is hardly modern, and comes with a lot of crap that we now have to deal with here in Europe. For instance, Somali women do not automatically become free and independent when they relocate to a western country, not even if they are born here.

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

What I was talking about, all discovered because of a typo in the original:

video

torhu
Member #2,727
September 2002

Wow, now I want to learn Somali ;D

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

I'm missing something. Was Hitler known for indulging in his niece?

Specter, I think we're on the same side. We both seem to be more than happy to laugh at politically incorrect jokes after all :)

--
The brxybrytl has you.

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

I understood the humour. You people really need to lighten up a bit.

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

This thread about hitler makes me sad. :(

-----sig:

jhuuskon
Member #302
April 2000

I'm missing something. Was Hitler known for indulging in his niece?

Hitler did have a sort of not-entirely-wholesome relationship with his niece Geli Raubal, though as with everything regarding Hitler's personal life, there's several orders of magnitude more speculation and straight up fabrication than actual verifiable information and there is no consensus on the nature of that relationship.

You don't deserve my sig.

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

...Niece. 8-)

--
The brxybrytl has you.

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

yeah, if you think babies sodomizing kitties is no big deal, then you probably don't mind a little incest here and there either. :/

<angry post deleted>
If you can't see why calling me a pedophile and incestuous upset me, you never will.

I won't keep apologizing for that photo. I thought it was funny and never seen it in the same light you did. Anyhow, I removed my bookmarks for this site and will be staying away from it. I don't need this crap in my life.

Have a good one.

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

1   2 

Go to: