Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Wiki is under maintenance

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Wiki is under maintenance
Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Currently working on the wiki. It will be readonly till the maintenance is finished, and there may be some auth changes depending on if i feel like making the a.cc auth work again. It may also pop on and off as I mess with plugins.

NO eta.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

Thanks for the update. Keep us posted.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

{"name":"610685","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/d\/2\/d22c597ed13762d94ea15d9028e2187e.png","w":480,"h":360,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/d\/2\/d22c597ed13762d94ea15d9028e2187e"}610685

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Sorry :P I have like a 80+ hour week at the moment. I don't have a lot of spare time to mess with this stuff, and that server was WAY out of date and vulnerable. Updated wheezy to jessie+backports. no joke. It was SO old. MediaWiki was incredibly out of date too.

That last bit is why it'll take a bit to "Fix". The way plugins are setup changed, and i bet the apis are different. So it'll take some work.

And now I go back to installing some hardwood flooring before I go out to tour the city Christmas light displays.

--
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Thanks for maintaining the wiki, Thomas! :)

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Yeah, thanks Thomas. I found the wiki very usefull when in need of examples.

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

I thought of the wiki out of the blue, the other day at lunch. We are lucky to have it. ☃

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

My server is still running wheezy just fine. >:( AFAIK, the security team is still maintaining it. Something like MediaWiki might not get enough love from the Debian teams, but then you could always investigate a source install and maintenance cycle... Another option might be to invite some other people to assist with maintenance so it's not all on one guy.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

It was running a source version, but I hadn't been keeping up with the update cycle. Mostly because of all the plugins and custom authentication breaking every release or two...

That said, I just need to keep on top of it better, so it doesn't get so out of date.

If people are interested in helping with keeping the wiki install updated I'm open, but it'd just be access to the wiki's ssh login, not direct host root access or anything. tbh, the wiki fs rarely needs touched, only when upgrading mediawiki really.

--

Go to: