Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro.cc Comments » Linking code to online docs

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Linking code to online docs
Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Hello Supreme Leader,

I was just wondering, what would it take to get allegro's formatted code to link to the official docs on liballeg.org? Right now they link to kind of outdated docs. If it's just a matter of scraping some links and adding in a list of keywords and hyperlinks, I'd be willing to do this in my free time.

Thanks!
Edgar

EDIT
Bump for time to reply.

Rodolfo Lam
Member #16,045
August 2015

Yeah I noticed the documentation on allegro.cc is still showing 5.0 or 5.1… However, it may be more involved than what you think, the cross-reference between posts and docs might be deeply integrated here. Current liballeg site is static so that might be an issue. That's why there is no longer a search box there.

Let's just hope our benefactor sees the post.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Not just that, but many of the doc links to Allegro 4 functions no longer work and simply redirect you to the manual. Time for maintenance!!!

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that Matthew's link code is modular and can be redone without too much hassle. I have faith in our Supreme Leader. ;)

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

I wonder if updating the A.cc docs would be easier. Either way, the cross-reference feature is awesome and deserves to be used more.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

If there were a 'database' of keywords and hyperlinks, it would work a lot better than updating the docs stored on allegro.cc. Docs stored on a.cc would become outdated as soon as they changed in the repository.

EDIT
Waiting for reply from our Supreme Leader...

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

I'll try to take a look before Trump ruins everything.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Go to: