Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Installation, Setup & Configuration » MinGW installation problems

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
MinGW installation problems
MercuryRich123
Member #16,573
October 2016

hello, I'm trying install MinGW 4.6.2 for allegro, but when installing MinGW ther are 2 errors, one is "System cannot find the file specified" and "Error cleaning log file(1)". Has anyone else come across that problem before and if so how did you fix it? Any advice is appreciated.;D

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

MercuryRich123
Member #16,573
October 2016

I'll check the link to see if it works and i'm using mingw-get-inst-20120426 [EDIT] Also does it work with allegro?

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

If you have a problem with mingw-get the best place to get help is on the mingw-users mailing list.

EDIT
Yes, my distro of MinGW 5.3.0-2 works with Allegro 4 and 5. There are some problems compiling Allegro 5 programs with the C++11 standard, but those are being fixed as we speak.

EDIT2
I offer a binary of Allegro 5.2.1.1 that works with my MinGW 5.3.0-2 distro. You can find it here :

https://www.allegro.cc/forums/thread/616446/1024504#target

The direct link for release 3 is here :

https://sourceforge.net/projects/unofficialallegro5distribution/files/Allegro5211_MinGW5302_Rel3.tar.7z/download

MercuryRich123
Member #16,573
October 2016

Also which MinGW folders will I need, I have a 64 bit windows 8.1?

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

You need all the folders that come with the mingw distribution. Just extract twice and then copy the root folder into c:\mingw. Then set the path to include mingw\bin and you can compile. You will need to set the search paths for the allegro include and lib directories to compile with allegro using -I $INCLUDE_DIR and -L $LIB_DIR. Then you link to the correct allegro library using -lLIBNAME where the library is named libLIBNAME.a.

MinGW is for 32 bit only, but will work on 64 bit systems. You can get MinGW-64 instead and MSYS2 instead but then you would have to use SiegeLord's binaries.

Go to: