Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Sue countries, in U.S. legal system.

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Sue countries, in U.S. legal system.
type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

Seriously?
And how about being sued in third party jurisdictions?
And hell, more damage was maybe only done by Germany. But it sure did expire..

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

I've said it was dumb back when they made it legal to sue gun manufacturers. Next they will allow the Boston Marathon bombing victims and families of the victims to sue companies that make pressure cookers and companies that make cleaning supplies for dirty bombs made in a terrorist's garage. Why hold the terrorist accountable (if they survived), let's blame their country.US idiocy in full swing.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Yea, suing gun manufacturers is a bit too far. You wouldn't sue knife manufacturers if a knife was used to kill someone. It doesn't add up.

I think we should make regulations against the sun. If you stare at it too long, you'll go blind. It's the sun's fault; it shouldn't be so bright. :-/

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

Welcome to America, where the easiest way to get rich is to sue. I think the reasoning behind suing Saudi Arabia is there are credible links(?) to the terrorists and the government. The problem with the lawsuits is if we can sue them, they can sue us. Think about ho much we are going to have to pay for all the military actions we are involved in now.

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

Bob's the only one that brought up the real point: This is allowing families to sue because the terrorism was likely to be state sponsored.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

And how the heck is an American family going to prove something like that in court? American's can't even identify Middle East countries or fact check a conspiracy theory, let alone responsibly investigate a state sponsored terrorist act.

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

Lawyers will know what kind of information they can pry out of the government's non-transparent hands. When a lawsuit is pending, it wouldn't surprise me if more than the typical FOIA documents are to be made available.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

All I know is, clearly these terrorist attacks were part of God's plan. Maybe the Americans should just have faith? >:( :D

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

That's the point Bam is making.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

It's not a point at all. :/ People are allowed free will. They're also allowed to face the consequences of what they do with that free will. :/

Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and I am here. I came not of my own accord, but he sent me. 43 Why do you not understand what I say? It is because you cannot bear to hear my word. 44 You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45 But because I tell the truth, you do not believe me. 46 Which one of you convicts me of sin? If I tell the truth, why do you not believe me? 47 Whoever is of God hears the words of God. The reason why you do not hear them is that you are not of God.”

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

That's not what I expected.. Will there be some supporting claim?
It was voted something like 90 to 1? There has to be some reason behind it, you're not in Russia where the reason is because Putin said so..

Go to: