Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Star Trek TOS is on netflix...

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Star Trek TOS is on netflix...
Ariesnl
Member #2,902
November 2002

Oh yes !!!
A big source of inspiration for my game.
And great to watch

Perhaps one day we will find that the human factor is more complicated than space and time (Jean luc Picard)
Current project: [Star Trek Project ] Join if you want ;-)

Ben Delacob
Member #6,141
August 2005

Oh, I've wanted to watch a run. For a moment there, I was worried there were bad terms of service for that too!

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Star Trek TOS said:

1. The sale, possession, and/or distribution of tribbles are expressly forbidden.
2. Watching Star Trek DS9 is not logical and will not be allowed.
3. Star Trek TOS must live long and prosper.
4. Dammit Jim, McCoy is a doctor, not a miracle worker.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Hey guys, seriously if you like TOS then you should check out Star Trek Continues. The lighting, the sets, the editing, the music, are ridiculously on point. The attention to detail is stunning. They actually score each episode with a live studio orchestra.

{"name":"610547","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/c\/fcab9313399c7250e5a05f04d4d8360e.jpg","w":500,"h":325,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/c\/fcab9313399c7250e5a05f04d4d8360e"}610547

Like the original TOS, stories are related to modern issues and I found them really compelling. Scotty is played by James Dohan's son, actors from original series episodes have made follow-up appearances in their roles. And Vic Mignogna's portrayal of Captain Kirk is about as good as it can possibly get.

{"name":"610548","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/a\/0\/a05756f3765a0fba1b267e3b6aeaf6e3.jpg","w":500,"h":325,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/a\/0\/a05756f3765a0fba1b267e3b6aeaf6e3"}610548

Gene Roddenberry's son said “I'm pretty damn sure my dad would consider this canon. And, as far as I’m concerned, it is canon.”

{"name":"610549","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/0\/c07630234d5deea4ca1ec1d114da54ce.jpg","w":500,"h":325,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/0\/c07630234d5deea4ca1ec1d114da54ce"}610549

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Spock has a goatee FFS. The only time Spock ever had a goatee was when he was playing a Klingon in an alternate universe.

Those shots are from the STC episode Fairest of Them All, which is a follow-up to famous TOS episode Mirror, Mirror (shown below):

{"name":"610550","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/a\/c\/acc828f206a3f70b7f04a20cca7de56a.jpg","w":400,"h":220,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/a\/c\/acc828f206a3f70b7f04a20cca7de56a"}610550

Towards the end of Mirror, Mirror, normal-universe Captain Kirk says to alternate-universe Spock, "You're a man of integrity in both universes, Mister Spock". This sets the stage for STC Fairest of Them All in which alternate universe Spock, after having been introduced to the peaceful ways of normal-universe Kirk, overtakes the crumbling combative Starfleet in his own universe and steers it towards a path of peace.

It's a great episode. :D

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

Niunio
Member #1,975
March 2002

Hey guys, seriously if you like TOS then you should check out Star Trek Continues [www.startrekcontinues.com].

How is it possible I didn't know about this? I must see.

Thanks Mark.

-----------------
Current projects: Allegro.pas | MinGRo

Ariesnl
Member #2,902
November 2002

Thanks Mark, I'm gonna check that one out too ;-)
I always liked the original episodes.

Someone should make a modern remake of the 25th aniversary/ judgment rites. But I don't have the drawing/modelling skills to do so...

Perhaps one day we will find that the human factor is more complicated than space and time (Jean luc Picard)

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

Shame Paramount are trying to kill all that because they're idiots and don't recognise a modern business opportunity when they see one :(

If I was in any doubt before, now I know I won't be supporting the current official Star Twreck. (I have all of TOS, TNG, VOY, DS9 and ENT on DVD, so I'm sorted. I've decided to watch them all in more or less the order they were made, but I'm only partway through the first series of TOS!)

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

Are we supposed to take that seriously? Is it a parody or a serious remake? It's a mockery of Star Trek. Spock has a goatee FFS. The only time Spock ever had a goatee was when he was playing a Klingon in an alternate universe.

Speaking inconsistencies in the Original Series,when did Spock lose the ability of mental suggestion? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Omega_Glory

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

TOS was way before my time so I have never gotten into it. I've only seen maybe half of one episode. Compared to TNG I find it hard to get into... But I started watching Voyager again just because I still have it on my NAS and I needed a Star Trek fix... What I really wish is that they'd create a brand new series that didn't suck like "Enterprise" did. Rather, go back to basics, and try to create another TNG or Voyager... There's a huge audience willing to fund it... I think that it's awesome that Star Trek Continues exists and is doing so good of a job. I just hope it doesn't end with that. :)

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Dude! Enterprise was awesome! >:(

The theme music suuuuuuuuuuuuuucked, tho. ;D And it took me a bunch of episodes (and quite bit of effort) to think of Archer as a standalone captain and not the Quantum Leap guy. If you can get past that, it's actually a really good series. My favorite after Voyager, actually. :-/

--

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Enterprise sucked. At least, I tried watching it when it first aired and I never liked it. After 20 or 30 minutes of open mind I hated it. So terrible. I don't even remember it. Only that it was too annoying to watch. I doubt my mind would be changed based on what Wikipedia had to say. They changed too much. I forget exactly what I hated about it at the time, but I remember that it strayed away from the audience. The characters were absurd or something. It was like they wanted to sell it to the general population instead of geeks and sold out. We'll be lucky if the franchise survives. >:(

Ariesnl
Member #2,902
November 2002

If you want to get into TOS watch the movies "The wrath of Kahn" , "The search for Spock" and "The voyage home".

torhu
Member #2,727
September 2002

Ariesnl
Member #2,902
November 2002

They must be Vulcan..

Go to: