Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » In Soviet Russia...

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
In Soviet Russia...
torhu
Member #2,727
September 2002

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I'm somewhat surprised. I'd expect that out of an American team, but a Russian team doesn't seem entirely predictable, albeit, also not entirely awestruck. The penalty seems a little small. I'd imagine the police would want to peruse criminal charges for anybody over the legal age of an adult (presumably, 18) and possible even the older teenagers. You'd also expect a larger fine than USD$240. Divided by say 20 teammates that's just over USD$10. And without giving them a bigger "metaphorical" "black-eye" it leaves them feeling like they've accomplished something other than just being sore losers. It's a bit of a shame there's no video. Or is there?

torhu
Member #2,727
September 2002

Can't find a video. It says the Russian team ran away before the police arrived, no idea what happened after that.

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

Losers. A win is if Norwegian team ran away.

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

Why is Russia such a big front arse hole nowadays? Did it start with Crimea or what?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

Well, first of all I'm lacking evidence of what exactly happens there, although most likely it's more or less the way it was described. Not all people are capable of self control, or understanding who's responsible for various events.

I'm Russian, and I really hate a LOT of things U.S. govt is doing, doesn't make me hate any specific american. By the way, something makes me think I hate U.S. govt way less than an average American, as it's decision making doesn't affect my well being an almost any way.

However, there's a good chunk of Russians who believe low oil prices are engineered by the U.S. to specifically harm Russia. Another set thinks that sanctions have major effect on the country. The effect is next to none, taking in to consideration ~200 $ billion of exports lost to lower commodity prices.

Append:
Ah ye, I jumped to U.S:
Well, in eyes of an average Russian, west = U.S.
So if Obama says something bad about Russia, some dumb may hold a random European responsible for it. Guess that's the logic, when there's no actual logic. And many rarely turn it on unfortunately.

Go to: