Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro Development » SonicWall blocks liballeg.org

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
SonicWall blocks liballeg.org
Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

I was trying to view liballeg.org from a local coffeehouse. They use SONICWALL for network admin, and it blocks liballeg.org on the grounds that it is "Freeware/Software download".

{"name":"610377","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/7\/8\/780e837b5cc7094688defebad5a4fbaf.png","w":661,"h":466,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/7\/8\/780e837b5cc7094688defebad5a4fbaf"}610377

I thought you guys might like to know that liballeg.org is being blocked. I submitted a request to re-categorize it to sonic wall but that may not be enough.

Go here to make requests :
http://cfssupport.sonicwall.com/Support/web/eng/newui/viewRating.jsp

Enter liballeg.org and it will show you the rating.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I freaking hate SonicWalls. >:(

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Ariesnl
Member #2,902
November 2002

Crazy morons....
I posted a request and told them I will advise against SonicWall As a software professional if thr block is not lifted.
Maybe that will make em listen.

Perhaps one day we will find that the human factor is more complicated than space and time (Jean luc Picard)
Current project: [Star Trek Project ] Join if you want ;-)

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

I got this reply from SonicWall a little while ago :

Quote:

cfssupport@sonicwall.com

2:40 AM (13 hours ago)

to me
You submitted the following rating request to SonicWALL CFS Support:
Rate liballeg.org as "27.Information Tech/Computers" at 2016-05-22 20:25:01.300

The request has been reviewed and rated as:
"27.Information Tech/Computers" at 2016-05-22 23:50:59.030

You should see this rating change reflected within 1 to 3 business days.

Thank you for your request,
SonicWALL CFS Support

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

At least they heard.

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Yeah that's really good of them. I'll give them complete credit for that.

What I hate is their routers and their firmware.

I actually spent a week of my life trying to manually track and remove IP addresses from a SonicWall because they had exceeded their license limit. Back when this specific router was made, it was licensed per user, so every ip counted toward using the VPN even if they didn't need the VPN--unless you manually removed them. So when people started installing network printers and phones, the router was so dumb it put them in the VPN list and started knocking out legit users.

It wouldn't have been so bad except:

- You could only block IP addresses. Not hostnames. So every IP address had to be static/manually hardcoded.

- The only way to hardcode IP addresses was with MAC addresses.

- MAC addresses weren't actually listed in the router so you had to track them down manually.

- The router had a different list of clients than the domain controller. So I had to resort to various network voodoo and wireshark to grab all of the relevant MAC addresses because every time I removed 5 wrongly licensed computers, it would add another 5 wrongly licensed computers.

>:(

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Go to: