Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro Development » Allegro can't include files

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Allegro can't include files
motyas
Member #16,305
April 2016

Hello everybody, i'm again here for do you a question, such as you can see i'm learning allegro, but i have problem after problem. Now i can't include files other than allegro.h I don't know why. Gives me the same error that i had when i have installed allegro. The problem is in the images that i include in the post.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I've not used OS X, but those are linker errors. That means the header file is fine but the LIBRARY file is missing from your compiler commands. In Allegro 5, if you use an addon (which is 99% of the time) you also have to include the ADDON library in your link options. If you go to the directory where Allegro libraries are installed, you'll see the list of all the Allegro addon library names. (I don't recall them off the top of my head.)

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Peter Hull
Member #1,136
March 2001

You need to add some more libraries; in this case it's telling you it can't find al_init_image_addon which is in (no surprises!) the image addon. Add liballegro_image.dylib to your project.
Pete

motyas
Member #16,305
April 2016

Yes! This was the reason, thanks one more time hahahah! ;D
But the image... Where i need to put it?

Go to: