Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro Development » Mac OS X - fullscreen problems with 5.1.13

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Mac OS X - fullscreen problems with 5.1.13
Vi_112
Member #15,539
March 2014

Fullscreen on Mac OS X works worse than it was with 5.1.9

Tested on Macbook Pro Retina 13"

Usual fullscreen mode just hangs up the computer with the grey screen.

FULSCREEN_WINDOW works but have some strange z-buffer issues - not every frame, but once per 20-30 frames in glitches, like there is no z-buffer at all. Feels like 8-bit z-buffer glitches less than 16-bit one, but still not good.

UPDATE: Well, flickering starts after losing focus and then switching to the application again...

SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

OSX is one of the hardest platforms to support for us as we have very few OSX users, and OSX doesn't virtualize well. I filed these two issues on github: https://github.com/liballeg/allegro5/issues/566, https://github.com/liballeg/allegro5/issues/567. But aside from that, I'm not sure what can be done to fix them. Typically fullscreen window is what's recommended and is somewhat more stable, so it seems we should try fixing the zbuffer issue, but I wouldn't know where to start.

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow."-Ecclesiastes 1:18
[SiegeLord's Abode][Codes]:[DAllegro5]:[RustAllegro]

Vi_112
Member #15,539
March 2014

I'll try to investigate what is going on there...

I the worse case I personally will rollback to the version that does not support retina display.

Peter Hull
Member #1,136
March 2001

vi_112 can you share some code that shows the z-buffer problem?
Thanks.

Vi_112
Member #15,539
March 2014

I do not have a minimalistic code, but I can try to make it.

SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

Vi_112 said:

I the worse case I personally will rollback to the version that does not support retina display.

Wait, are you saying this wasn't an issue back then? This should help narrow down the problem.

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow."-Ecclesiastes 1:18
[SiegeLord's Abode][Codes]:[DAllegro5]:[RustAllegro]

Vi_112
Member #15,539
March 2014

Yes, you are right. Before I was using 5.1.9 and there was not this issue. So maybe it is related with the code that supports retina resolution.

Go to: