Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Installation, Setup & Configuration » Building Allegro 5 at Debian

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Building Allegro 5 at Debian
siery51
Member #16,153
January 2016

Hey. I been building Allegro 5 at Debian Jessie. While building I got this error:

[CODE]CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:570 (message):
X11 support requires Xcursor library.

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/home/siery/Documents/lib/allegro-5.0.11/Build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "/home/siery/Documents/lib/allegro-5.0.11/Build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".[/CODE]

I install Xcursor library with development files and i got the same error. So i look for all packages related with Xcursor. I install whole that list:

libxcursor-dev - X cursor management library (development files)
libxcursor1 - X cursor management library
libxcursor1-dbg - X cursor management library (unstripped)
libxcb-cursor-dev - utility libraries for X C Binding -- cursor, development files
libxcb-cursor0 - utility libraries for X C Binding -- cursor

and I'm still getting the same error while building.

Thanks for any help, Siery.

Ps. CMake error and output logs in attachment to this post.

//

Don't be afraid of doing new things. Professionals build the Titanic amateurs build the Ark.

SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

Try removing the CMakeCache.txt from the build directory and re-running CMake. Some of these configuration checks are improperly cached sometimes.

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow."-Ecclesiastes 1:18
[SiegeLord's Abode][Codes]:[DAllegro5]:[RustAllegro]

siery51
Member #16,153
January 2016

Thanks, that helped. But i still have some dependences I cant find. Please help me with that. I spend like 3 days installing allegro at Debian :/. And i still don't want to install packages I don't need just to check what works.

Thats all errors I'm getting:

Check if the system is big endian - little endian << Is that good or bad? C:
Looking for include file soundcard.h - not found
Looking for include file machine/soundcard.h - not found
Looking for include file libkern/OSAtomic.h - not found
Looking for getexecname - not found
Performing Test ALLEGRO_HAVE_PROCFS_ARGCV - Failed
Performing Test ALLEGRO_HAVE_SV_PROCFS_H - Failed
Looking for pthread_create in pthreads - not found
Looking for X11/extensions/xf86vmode.h - not found
package 'alsa' not found

I already have alsa-base and alsa-utils. Should i install alsaplayer or alsa-tools?

//

Don't be afraid of doing new things. Professionals build the Titanic amateurs build the Ark.

Bruce Pascoe
Member #15,931
April 2015

Big vs. little endian just refers to how the processor stores integers in memory. Neither is good or bad, just a different way of doing things.

SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

Those are harmless. I suggest using pulseaudio backend anyway (libpulse-dev).

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow."-Ecclesiastes 1:18
[SiegeLord's Abode][Codes]:[DAllegro5]:[RustAllegro]

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I think that there is an explicit Debian-howto on the wiki: https://wiki.allegro.cc/index.php?title=Install_Allegro5_From_Git/Linux/Debian#Dependencies

It may be slightly dated, but for the most part it should still guide you to a simple resolution.

siery51
Member #16,153
January 2016

Thanks. I fallow the instruction from this howto and it worked ^^. Some packages they propose there are old so if someone do the same, looks for actual packages so you avoid problems.

//

Go to: