Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Shots and bomb in Paris

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2   3 
Shots and bomb in Paris
GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

I'm disappointed and mad.

Can't find something to say so I'm sharing my sadness.

Paris attacks: 60 reported killed, hostage situation ongoing
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/11/13/world/paris-shooting/index.html

It's 00:00 here and at the Bataclan there are still some hostages.

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Ariesnl
Member #2,902
November 2002

Horrible, I'm watching the news right now.

Perhaps one day we will find that the human factor is more complicated than space and time (Jean luc Picard)
Current project: [Star Trek Project ] Join if you want ;-)

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Bloody hell, at first I've thought you're discussing Charlie Hebdo attacks... I am speakless :-X

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

OICW said:

I am speakless

See, this is what happens when governments restrict free speech.

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

When will the big leaders of the Muslim world finally speak out and condemn these actions and send these terrorists straight to Hell?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

When will the big leaders of the Muslim world finally speak out and condemn these actions and send these terrorists straight to Hell?

When the world is under Muslim control, obviously. I have not been following too closely though. Has it been confirmed that the incident is Muslim related?

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

If the attackers yelling "Allah akbar" (as per the article) is any indicator...

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Bob: it has already been claimed. One tell that EI has claimed it.

And this morning it's terrible. At least 120 dead and 200 injured.

It's terrible. :'(

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

It's very depressing. I once went to see Placebo in Bataclan. Horrible to think about that place now.

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Some put candles for the dead.
I'm not a believer, but, heh. I put candles.
{"name":"609937","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/4\/6\/46b147618aa1cf598f6577d63c576c9a.jpg","w":2087,"h":1283,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/4\/6\/46b147618aa1cf598f6577d63c576c9a"}609937

EDIT: By the way I heard what Obama said. Nice words.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I might reserve judgement until WikiLeaks reports on it... :-X

Well it sounds like they had tweeted some responses to it:

http://www.hindustantimes.com/world/wikileaks-gets-roasted-for-tweets-on-paris-attacks/story-Iq51eD891KdjzBLPXQEHkI.html

It's really a shame that people let our governments do horrible things in our name and with our resources without paying any attention. And when things go wrong who do we blame? Why, the other people, of course. It's not like anything is ever provoked by the West! It's not like the pain and suffering at home pales in comparison to the pain and suffering caused abroad! ::)

Obviously it's a terrible thing what's happening, but it wasn't the first and it won't be the last. It's far too easy to become emotional and point fingers in times like this. Blame won't undo what has been done. I'd rather look for the root cause. From what I've seen and heard, the root cause is our own governments.

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

For example: http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/middle-east/2015/11/14/Arab-states-denounce-Paris-attacks-as-violation-of-human-values-.html

I don't think you'll find any Muslim leader (except from terror organizations) who did not immediately condemn it.

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Imam of Saint Denis already made a public condemnation.

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

Then it must be the Finnish news which focus only on what the Western leaders have to say about the attack. :P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Saint Denis is in France. Each Muslim leader who have talked did it from France.
I didn't heard one from Saudia or else. In that case you're right, Johan.

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

It takes real bravery for high profile figures to denounce such savagery while living in or adjacent to terror-sponsoring countries.

Niunio
Member #1,975
March 2002

This is insane. And it's so difficult to get an actual solution. :(

-----------------
Current projects: Allegro.pas | MinGRo

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Yeah. Plus we should not forgive that currently, while we talk, some are still enduring that in Syria i.e

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I think it's so cool that the USA, Russia, and now France want to bomb the hell out of ISIS.

President Bush's biggest failure (and that's saying something!) was telling the world "We don't need your help with terrorism. We got this."

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

President Bush's biggest failure (and that's saying something!) was telling the world "We don't need your help with terrorism. We got this."

We could easily control it, if we weren't so wussified. Vietnam could have been won in a couple of months if we'd put everyone on line and criss-crossed it, there weren't that many tunnels to hide in.

[EDIT]

I read a few days ago that Russia was going in and mopping up more ISIS bases with bombers in a couple of days than we'd been doing over several months. A couple days later, I read that the US was sending in F-15's, which are mostly dogfighters, not ground attack planes like the A-10 Warthog, as if we were going to discourage the Russians. In other words, we didn't want Russia to end our protracted battle that makes the congressional-industrial-military complex rich.

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

In other words, we didn't want Russia to end our protracted battle that makes the congressional-industrial-military complex rich.

I think the military industrial complex is quite happy with recent events.

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

We could easily control it, if we weren't so wussified. Vietnam could have been won in a couple of months if we'd put everyone on line and criss-crossed it, there weren't that many tunnels to hide in.

I don't think war is as simple as you make it out to be. If the enemy has a tactical advantage (i.e. being used to hiding/surviving in the jungle) you can't just expect to come in and flush them out, especially with some drafted punk raw recruit.

When the U.S. was at war with Japan, they bombed some of the islands into oblivion, yet it did almost nothing to weaken the Japanese defenses. Bombs don't kill people as easily when they have cover.

Sure you could just put more men and resources to the task... But when is it enough? How many lives can you afford to spend? How much material wasted? For what objective? And even if you do win and occupy the country, does the populace actually support you? Will they put up heavy resistance? And that's without taking into the consideration the home front... Does your population support the war? Is there significant backlash? Will you lose the election because of it? etc. etc.

And about Russia and bombing of the country that I will not name. What will bombing bring? Sure it sounds like a good idea, what else is there? But it will inevitably cause more innocents to die, more refugees, more radicalization among the people. Easy for you to put up with all of this. You have an entire ocean that seperates you from this mess.

It's Europe and the Middle East that has to clean up the mess the U.S. has created. Let's not forget who funded these so called "terrorists" just a few years ago.

In capitalist America bank robs you.

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

@Vanneto:

I'm talking about destroying their ability to bring war to other countries. In other words, reduce them to guerrilla status. If they hate us, so what? They already do. Maybe we deserve it, but that's another subject.

As far as allowing guerrilla invaders into other countries, that's on them.

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Vanneto said:

And about Russia and bombing of the country that I will not name. What will bombing bring? Sure it sounds like a good idea, what else is there? But it will inevitably cause more innocents to die, more refugees, more radicalization among the people. Easy for you to put up with all of this. You have an entire ocean that seperates you from this mess.

It's Europe and the Middle East that has to clean up the mess the U.S. has created. Let's not forget who funded these so called "terrorists" just a few years ago.

^ This. Bombs don't stop terrorists. If you haven't noticed they strap them to their own fucking chest! It reminds me of a Slim Shady lyric... Are you fucking kidding me? ::)

It's bad that France and Russia are participating in this. This spells very bad things for the planet. You think they're going to end terrorism with war? Did the events since 2001 September 11 not teach you anything? You cannot end terrorism with terrorism. And if you think Western nations using advanced technology to repeatedly bombard rebels in foreign lands is not terrorism then you haven't considered the lives of the local civilian populations. We cannot even fathom the conditions these people live their entire lives in. And when the documents leak it turns out our own governments end up having a hand in causing all of that suffering. For shame.

Recent events have me furious, but it's not the actions of Muslim extremists that are pissing me off. It's the ignorant, short-sighted, or deceptive actions of Western governments and the ignorant sheeple of a populace cheering them on. Continuing to wage war isn't going to fix this. Probably the only thing that could ever resolve it is an apology from multiple sides, centuries worth of support and aid, and a whole lot of tolerance during the transition.

It's probably not going to happen. This is probably the beginning of the end... In any case, I imagine we'll survive another few decades before the West falls and/or we vaporize the Earth. That doesn't mean we won't start to experience some real suffering of our own (we haven't seen anything yet). I wonder if that's so unjust.

:(

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

Terrorism to me is going out of one's way to harm civilians specifically. ISIS does that for sure, but where's your evidence that the US, France, Russia, etc. is bombing sites that have no rebel affiliation?

1   2   3 

Go to: