Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Installation, Setup & Configuration » Can't compile Allegro. CMake error. Can't fine FileList (and other things)

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Can't compile Allegro. CMake error. Can't fine FileList (and other things)
miner_tom
Member #16,065
August 2015

Hi,

I have installed Allegro5 according to the directions on the Wiki. I am trying to do a complile from source and have tried ccmake with several errors.

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:64 (include):
include could not find load file:

FileList

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:67 (include):
include could not find load file:

Common

CMake Error: File /allegro5/build/include/allegro5/platform/alplatf.h.cmake does not exist.

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:656 (configure_file):
configure_file Problem configuring file

What should I do?

Thank You
Tom

beoran
Member #12,636
March 2011

It seems like cmake can't find certain files. Are you executing cmake correctly? If you are building in an allegro5/build directory with msys2 you'll have to use the command cmake .. -G "MSSYS Makefiles". Which command did you use in what directory? Also something might have gone wrong with your allegro sources. Is everything in the right place?

miner_tom
Member #16,065
August 2015

Hello, and thank you for the reply.

I am using Fedora 21 as my distro. And you are correct, cmake is not finding some files or directories.

I used the following commands, as shown from the Wiki.

git clone https://github.com/liballeg/allegro5.git
cd allegro
git checkout 5.0
mkdir build; cd build
ccmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr ..

I noticed that the .. at the end of the last command implies that there should be more options used. However, I have no idea of what those options are.

When I first try to invoke cmake with ccmake, it complains that it can not find the CMakeLists.txt file. I put that file in the build directory manually. After that, the errors that I posted occur.

Thank You
Tom

Peter Hull
Member #1,136
March 2001

miner_tom said:

cd allegro

Should be allegro5 of course,

Quote:

I noticed that the .. at the end of the last command implies that there should be more options used.

No, it's telling ccmake to look in the parent directory for CMakeLists.txt, so if you missed it off, it's probably why

Quote:

it complains that it can not find the CMakeLists.txt file.

I put that file in the build directory manually.

Don't do this!

I went through the steps on a fresh clone and it was OK for me.

miner_tom
Member #16,065
August 2015

Getting a little closer.

I deleted the original build directory and created a new one. I then ran the following, with the ".." at the end.

ccmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr ..

the configure went past the old point where it failed but gave me a new failure. Evidently it is still not finding something. Failure message is as follows.

WARNING: libjpeg not found, disabling support

WARNING: libFLAC not found or compile test failed, disabling support.

WARNING: libdumb not found or compile test failed, disabling support. <http://dumb.sourceforge.net/>

Thank You
Tom

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Those are just warnings. You can safely ignore them unless you want jpeg, flac or mod support.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

beoran
Member #12,636
March 2011

If you do you'll have to install the development headers for these libraries. On Redhat this is done using yum install libjpeg-devel for jpeg support, yum install flac-devel for flac support. Dumb is a bit harder since you'll probably have to compile and install that by hand, the packaged version uses Allegro 4, which is not what you want.

Go to: