Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Hang outs

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Hang outs
blakat
Member #15,991
June 2015

Do any of you guys ever hang out on skype or team speak and just chill or collude? do any of you game on steam or other clients? If so what games do you play? I like playing Team fortress 2 on steam and zandronum doom among some other things. I wouldnt mind getting to know afew of you and talk about allegro or programming in general, i need more programming friends. If it's okay with the forum rules can we exchange user names of other services?

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Hi blakat.

Most allegro's users are hanging on irc, freenode server, channel #allegro.

If you want to talk, play, chill, this is the place, as well as the forums.

:D

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

blakat
Member #15,991
June 2015

Awesome! I'm totally there.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

A few of us do game. It's relatively rare for a group of us to share the same interest in a particular (network) game though. I would play Counter-Strike: Source with you, but not Team Fortress 2. >:(

As an aside, there used to be a pretty popular Minecraft server where several regulars would hang out. I haven't played Minecraft in years, but I think a few might still partake... Not sure if the server still exists, but if you ask in IRC somebody that knows will eventually answer.

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

bamccaig said:

Not sure if the server still exists, but if you ask in IRC somebody that knows will eventually answer.

The server is still going, though it's nowhere near as busy as it used to be. It's a whitelisted server, so you can't access it unless you've been approved, but if anyone interested wants to join, reply with your MC name, and either Tomasu willsee the reply, or I'll pass the details on to him.

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

I want in! PM forthcoming...

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

LennyLen said:

The server is still going, though it's nowhere near as busy as it used to be. It's a whitelisted server, so you can't access it unless you've been approved, but if anyone interested wants to join, reply with your MC name, and either Tomasu willsee the reply, or I'll pass the details on to him.

Somehow I got in without any passwords or requests..

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

There are other mods on the server much more often than I ever am, which you can find here which are more or less the official "tomasu minecraft" forums.

type568 said:

Somehow I got in without any passwords or requests..

Asked this in IRC... But what is your mc name? And which server did you try? mc.tomasu.org or mc2.tomasu.org?

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

No clue what's MC, & I used irc.freenode.net
Also did reply on IRC. :)

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Oh, ;D. irc.freenode.net is an irc server, we thought you meant you got into the Minecraft (MC) server without being on the white list. (there's no password or username to get onto the server, but if you're not on the white list, you cant get on).

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

What does the list keep then? IP?
What's if it is dynamic(constantly changing) which is common for Israeli ISPs?
Or is it some key?

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

The Minecraft name. That's what the white list is for.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Minecraft has always had its own "account" that granted you access to Minecraft. It was originally for the "alpha" and "beta" license access, I assume, but I assume it became ingrained into the game and community.

Go to: