Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Lots of people here seem to like piano music

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Lots of people here seem to like piano music
Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

So here's my favorite album with piano:

Nine Inch Nails - "Still"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az1ewpORFm0

I think it's Nine Inch Nails / Trent's best album. An acoustic remix album (With some new songs) that he composed in his spare time between heavy concerts.

I think it's rather beautiful it it's earnest feeling of being fragile.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

Heh, I was enjoying it until the voice came in :)

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

The songs:

Adrift and At Peace,
"Gone, Still",
The Persistence of Loss, and Leaving Hope have no lyrics!

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I have to admit that when I first read Bruce's response I thought he was just being tough on them and that I'd feel differently, but as soon as the "vocals" started I felt the same way. I expected more. Of course, I'm not a NIN fan for no particular reason. I haven't really heard much from them. So I didn't know what to expect. I was not impressed. I have a feeling that heavy guitar and drums benefit the vocals. :)

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

No no, I just found it not to my taste. I was going to say that since it's an intimate, sentimental singing style that is really only appropriate for his lover, I'm sure it would appeal to women[1]. Then I thought about who started the thread and decided to keep my silly opinion to myself ;)

References

1. Then again, we do have this ;)

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

Go to: