Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Another old game I've never been able to find.

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Another old game I've never been able to find.
Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I'm not even sure if it was a good game but it was definitely interesting. It was early 90's. EGA or high-res VGA. Simple mouse interface, DOS game.

You were a detective I think, sent to an island to investigate a murder. You had tons of RPG style skills. The view was a top down map with maybe a rolling text box on the right to tell you of events. Your character on the map was nothing but a dot, with a line showing what you were looking at. You could rotate all the way around.

You could search houses and and places for stuff. Equip anything anywhere. The crazy thing was, any time I got injured, I would bleed to death because I couldn't figure out how to heal my wounds.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

.. and so you hope to find out how,b ut you're unable to find the game. This is so romatnic ::)

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

Your best bet is probably the MobyGames game browser.

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

Go to: