Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Reiner's Tilesets - Good website for some free 2D and 3D graphics

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Reiner's Tilesets - Good website for some free 2D and 3D graphics
Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

This guy has been doing this for many many years now and I thought I would look him up again. He is still at it. He has tons of free 2D graphics and some 3D stuff as well. The quality isn't bad. It's a nice resource for any fellow Allegro programmers out there that may not be the best at graphics, you may just find something here to suit your needs.

The website is in German and English (he's German) as well.

http://www.reinerstilesets.de/

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

William Labbett
Member #4,486
March 2004

The 2D animals are brilliant.

What about the 3D ones?

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

These might have been special in 1999, but today there are collaborative efforts to make art available to programmers--and with even more permissive licenses, too.

Also, the "2D graphics" look like 3D renders. I fart in the general direction of this thread.

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

This is ridiculous, you try and post something positive and helpful and someone has nothing but crap to say.

I think it's time to take a page from Trent's book and leave these forums permanently.

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

William Labbett
Member #4,486
March 2004

::)

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Also, the "2D graphics" look like 3D renders. I fart in the general direction of this thread.

If I had to draw a spritesheet of 2D frames I'd much rather have a 3d model to render them all the same rather than draw each separately. ::)

William Labbett
Member #4,486
March 2004

SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

There are plenty good games which have sprites generated by rendering 3D models (consider DOOM, which had digitized real-world models for sprites; an even better example is Age of Empires). It's just a particular style.

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow."-Ecclesiastes 1:18
[SiegeLord's Abode][Codes]:[DAllegro5]:[RustAllegro]

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

I've contacted NiteHackr via PM.

Shouldn't have farted so loud. :-/

Go to: