Depot Games: VoID
Links: Web Site
Category: Space Shooters
Developers: Roberto Colnaghi Junior
Number of Players:
VoID Shooter is a space shooter game, with nice graphics, musics and simple sound effects.
Now it's running stable, with good optimization and reduced file size.
Improved game play with some new itens, like cannon power and a time bonus when the player destroy some enemy ship.
You can download the Installer or the Project file with the source code.
* Some bug fixes
* Optimizations to increase frame rate
Added new features!
* Added Cannon Power, OverHeat, Sound...
* Ships now have HP
* Added some alerts: warning, hurry up, ...
* Blowing up a ship gives you a little more time and power
* Ships glow when hitted
* Installer size is down to 4.6 MB
I'm still working on harder optimizations.
No new features just improvements:
* Reduced the game size to 5.6 MB, shrinking and doing other magics...
* Optimized most time critical loops and functions.
* Reduced the maximum ship size do increase dificulty.
* Increased timeplay to 45 seconds.
* IMPORTANT: Added a thanks to all allegro community members. (I'm working on an Allegro logo to run before all my games run.)
Changed to FULL SCREEN mode to gain performance.
I'm working on good optimizations now.
Thanks for your report madpenguin!
madpenguin: What 3D card do you have?
Beta release of the game.
Bug fixes and a lot of change in the code:
* Turned into frame rate based, added vectors and a little physics system.
* Added a flag system to the objects.
Thanks for all people that are helping!
Overall Rating: 6.0
- Nice graphics, and very high quality sounds, but it's sloooooow (hovers right around 8 frames/sec on my 1200), hampered by the lack of a full-screen mode and 19MB seems a bit large for what this game is (an enhanced Missile Command, basically).
Good start, though.