Depot Games: Raine
#4 during March 2009
Links: Web Site
Developers: Emmanuel Anne
Raine is an arcade emulator, 680x0 and z80 cpu only for now.
Visit the web site to learn more !
(It has been using allegro since 1998, but I didn't know this page !).
* bezel improvements :
- fixed the locale problem (linux only ?), now bezels aren't affected
anymore by the locale
- when using yuv overlays and bezels, the bezel size is taken into account
when choosing the size of the game screen (the bezel was cut previously).
- Now redraw correctly the bezel on the game window when it needs to be
redrawn (previously you needed to return to the raine menu and back to the
game to force the bezel to be redrawn).
- Fixed the 24bpp bitmaps (instead of 32) for the bezels, and the 8bpp
bitmaps used for some masks (it allows pacman style bezels to work
- Fixed the mmx causing problems when trying to load a bezel with an emudx
game using alpha blending.
- Fixed horizontal bezels (they never worked, but since I could find only
the one for superman which is horizontal, it probably went unnoticed !).
* Prevent a crash when a game loading function aborts (like when trying to
* Fixed bad loading of warrior blade (this one uses a bezel to fix the
extreme aspect ratio of this double screen game).
* The autofire is coming back in an improved form : once you have enabled
autofire for an input, the "Autofire controls" will be available in the
menu, which allows you to choose a different key for autofire (which can
be usefull for games which have a charge mode - I got the idea from the
ps2 version of gunbird !).
* Add joysticks'hat support in windows : this should allow the gamepads
which didn't work in windows to be recognized now (the hats are what we
usually call the cross on a gamepad - it's mapped as a new virtual stick
on the joystick now). Notice that it's windows specific, linux already
maps the hats to virtual sticks at the driver level, which means that no
hat support is required in linux.
* Fix mouse handling in bshark, opwolf, spacegun and syvalion
* Fixed changing mouse buttons assignement in the gui (Inputs), it was
cycling and assigning the wrong button...
* Analog controls support : now you can select which device you want to use
as an analog device from the gui, in the inputs section, and even
calibrate it (usefull for some devices like the pedals of the gran turismo
steering wheel !). This device is automaticaly used if configured in
chasehq, night striker, continental circus and space gun (no more fake
dipswitches for chasehq).
Overall Rating: 10.0
- great emulator. fast, good emulation and nice gui. And now it emulates capcom games :)
- Nice GUI, easy configuration, and good speed. I give it a solid 5.