Depot Games: Moon Defence
Links: Web Site
, The game in single ZIP file
Developers: Jakub Debski
Number of Players:
Remake of the old Atari game "Planetary Defence" by Tom Hudson.
||11/23/2005 9:35 PM
"Moon Defense" ver 1.5 Jakub Debski '2004
(remake of Atari 8bit game "Planetary Defense" by ANALOG Computing)
- Improved gameplay - more action at the beginning.
- The game works 3 times smoother, but faster CPU is required (tested on 600MHz - works fine).
- Fixed bug - request for name for high score could appear without necessary score.
- Bigger explosions for UFO and Satellite.
- Added game menu.
- Fixed bug - speed of game doesn't depend any more on screen redraw frequency.
- Added high scores.
- Added mouse control (due to requests from players, but I prefer standard control).
- Bombs cause more damage to the Moon.
- Bombs are a bit faster, but apppear with lesser probability (like in original Planetary Defense)
- Fixed sprites.
Overall Rating: 6.0
- Nice visuals and audio, but gameplay is poor. I got bored very quickly. It does show some promise, though. If you could make it more interesting in the beginning and perhaps add a series of different attackers (well, maybe you have, but I just got bored long before they started appearing) like green Mars aliens, UFOs, missiles that move in mysterious ways, maybe a Death Star look-a-like. If you also add some more weapons to defend with, this could become a fun little game.
- Nice idea. It looks and sounds reasonably OK and bombing the USA military base on the moon was a lot of fun but as a finished product I suppose this is a very average little game...
- Cool idea, an improvement to the ''Missile Command'' gametype. It has mouse support, but it is sluggish. The game seems to need optimizing