Depot Games: Crystal Chaos
#8 during October 2007
Links: Web Site
Once upon a time there was a great game for the Mac called Crystal Quest. Crystal Chaos is an attempt to recreate that old game with fresh graphics, sound effects and gameplay.
The goal of the game is to pick up crystals while avoiding enemies, firing at them and blowing bombs.
It's quite fun, you should try it out.
||11/23/2005 9:39 PM
- Made a new and better menu.
- Made some visual enhancements.
- Added a new enemy.
- Fixed some bugs.
- Fixed a bug causing the game to crash when switching to double buffering.
-Fixed a bug with the sound.
-Changed the brightness of the sprites a little to increase contrast.
-Fixed some other minor stuff.
Overall Rating: 8.0
- Stylish art. Some dreamy music and a better highscores list would've been nice. Otherwise, it is perfect, except for one big flaw: the controls are horrible. Not sure how best to change them, but they just don't feel right as-is. BTW, the links don't work, but the game can be downloaded from http://www.acid-play.com/download/crystal-chaos/.
- Neat game. It's great if you want to kill some time... the gfx is nice and the gameplay is pretty smooth. Had no problems whatsoever ....
- It is true, Not sure what is wrong with your cpu Johnny. I got a p3 800 and worked fine. Excellent game, smooth, nice frame rate, alright graphics and decent sound. Might be nice to put a little music while your playing. Overall a good game.