Depot Games: BobType
Links: Web Site
Category: Space Shooters
Number of Players:
2 (Split Screen)
a lot of fixes and additions
last release on the depot was 1.6.9
Fixed a lot of stuff since then. Too much to list.
Added beauty to the old boring starfield.
Added quick and dirty documentation.
- you can enable Shield Sharing when in coop mode
- fixes for highscore and players names (team, player 2)
- some 'this and that' stuff
- linux supported again (test-wise)
- using bitmaps instead of primitives for spacetrash and ships
- tweak collision and weapon code a bit
- you can now choose between 5 input modes
- 2 keyconfigs
- 2 joysticks
- 1 mouse
- new voice (instead of my own)
- improved a few things here and there (menufont for example, things like that)
- started to use external bitmaps instead of primitives for ships
(i left the pictures un-datafiled so you can modify them)
- configuration file handling slightly improved
- started to restructure the code for multiple enemy
implementation in the near future
- new main-menu pic
Overall Rating: 3.0
- Some decent music and sound effects. The graphics need more work. The gameplay is not at all fun.
- v1.6: Still boring. Although there's visible improvement from the previous versions this game still needs more and better gameplay to be enjoyable.