Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro Development » beta3 broke fonts

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
beta3 broke fonts
Milan Mimica
Member #3,877
September 2003

Something is broken with the last allegro beta font (or datafile) routines. AllegroGL example exalpfnt displays the text with some rectangles missing.

Evert
Member #794
November 2000

Can you reproduce the problem with vanilla Allegro? Does the font show up normally in the grabber?
I'll have to grab a copy of AllegroGL to check out what may be wrong. Just to make sure, you did recompile AllegroGL, right?

Milan Mimica
Member #3,877
September 2003

exalpfnt is the only program (except the game I'm currently working on) where the problem shows up. grabber works fine. In my game the alpha channel seems to be reversed.
I did recompile allegrogl. CVS version
I'm sure the problem was introduced with the last beta. There wheren't many changes. I'll try to revert some patches and see what happens.

[edit:]
I reverted file datafile.c and the problem is gone

[edit2:]
Here is something!
file src/datafile.c, line 437, change
bits<i> = read_bitmap(pack, depth, TRUE);
to
bits<i> = read_bitmap(pack, depth, FALSE);
and it works.

But I have no idea what I did. >:(

Evert
Member #794
November 2000

It has to do with allowing or disallowing colour conversions when loading the font. I think your change breaks true colour fonts loaded from datafiles, but I need some time to invesigate and recall exactly why I made that change. It didn't break anything I tested it with though.
I'll be away for the rest of the week, so it'll have to wait for the weekend. If you can do some more testing (in particular with true colour fonts with and without your patch, and with possible changes to the way AllegroGL handles things) that would be helpful.

Go to: