Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » the hardest thing you've ever had to do in life

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
the hardest thing you've ever had to do in life
Steve Terry
Member #1,989
March 2002

Phew, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do, I just got through sending an e-mail to a girl I had been dating, she wanted to be just friends, but I felt like it should be more than just that. I had to open myself up in an e-mail and express my true feelings. I hope it goes well and she's understanding. Sad thing is that I had to get lectured all day by my friend about this and what I should do because I wasn't going to send the e-mail, I'm too shy of a person... well it took a lot out of me but I did it. I think it made me a better person though, you never know, I could of just given the whole thing up and lost her forever.

Anyway what's some of the hardest things you guys have ever had to do aside from dating or whatnot.

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

I have similar problems with being very shy.. I become a nervous wreck when I'm within 10ft of a beautiful woman ;D

Hardest thing I've had to do.. hrm...
I really couldn't say. I think I just avoid everything that's hard unless I NEED to do it.

I guess recently I decided to put a 25% down payment on a ~$90,000 home.. that was pretty hard to do.. ;D

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

Sakuera
Member #3,222
February 2003

Hardest thing? Learning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's so f****g difficult to me to force this stupid head of mine to 'establish connection'.

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

I think my first driving test comes close!

:'(

Luckily I've passed now, so NEVER again...

Evert
Member #794
November 2000

Hardest thing aside from dating or whatnot... tough one, and I can't really think of anything at the moment.
Anyway, I guess the toughest thing (emotionally) was to tell the girl I was in love with that I was in love with her (which I already knew quite sure she knew quite well), knowing it wasn't mutual, fearing she'd never want to speak to me again, whilst feeling bad about not telling her. Ehm... yeah, did that come out right?

Well, anyway, good luck Steve... hope it works out sortof ok for you.

EDIT: Ok, now I know the absolute toughest thing I've had to do: I've had to learn to inject myself with insuline and take bloodsamples. The first time I tried it... I just couldn't do it! My hands simply froze in place and with all my strength of will, I couldn't get them to move...

EDIT2: Slight retouch of some words

SonShadowCat
Member #1,548
September 2001

Deciding not to say a single thing to this girl I liked for a few years. And keeping a straight face ;D

spellcaster
Member #1,493
September 2001

Quote:

. I had to open myself up in an e-mail and express my true feelings

Do you think an email is the best medium for that? Maybe snail mail would have been a better idea...

--
There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

Simply getting through my secondary school years with very few friends, very many enemies and self-esteem lower than the Real Life(tm) Engine's Machine Epsilon can be considered my most gruelling ordeal. I'm glad to say those days are well behind me.

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

Torbjörn Josefsson
Member #1,048
September 2000

Finally realizing that one of my oldest friends was in fact a weasel and an a-hole that I shouldn't have anything to do with anymore

--
Specialization is for insects

psundlin
Member #175
April 2000

wake up and go to school

kdevil
Member #1,075
March 2001

Making small talk. I just can't do it.

-----
"I am the Black Mage! I casts the spells that makes the peoples fall down!"

ReyBrujo
January 2001

Climbing a 3200 mts high mountain in Mendoza, an argentinian state. I trained for five months, but anyway was damn difficult. I just reached 2400 mts, and had to give up, but it was a great experience.

--
RB
光子「あたしただ…奪う側に回ろうと思っただけよ」
Mitsuko's last words, Battle Royale

Paul Pridham
Member #250
April 2000

kdevil: So, how 'bout this weather?

ibito
Member #2,784
September 2002

I dont know where is the hard thing on dating or being with a girl... just... be yourself,...

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

You know nothing, then. There's so much more to it. I can tell you, I've been close to suicide some times regarding these matters. Crap. I can't go into this now.

--
Since 2008-Jun-18, democracy in Sweden is dead. | 悪霊退散!悪霊退散!怨霊、物の怪、困った時は ドーマン!セーマン!ドーマン!セーマン! 直ぐに呼びましょう陰陽師レッツゴー!

ibito
Member #2,784
September 2002

Quote:

You know nothing, then. There's so much more to it. I can tell you, I've been close to suicide some times regarding these matters. Crap. I can't go into this now.

you mean about girls?

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

Really? I thought we were talking about cars? ::)

Of course that's what I mean. :P

--
Since 2008-Jun-18, democracy in Sweden is dead. | 悪霊退散!悪霊退散!怨霊、物の怪、困った時は ドーマン!セーマン!ドーマン!セーマン! 直ぐに呼びましょう陰陽師レッツゴー!

Cage
Member #1,277
March 2001

Keeping from killing myself for the last couple years that my Dad lived here. And from killing him. Don't know which was harder. Sure woulda been more fun killing him, though ;D. Good thing I had my Bro or I wouldn't have made it.

-----
"I'm dumb!. it prolly wont do anything just like Sub7 when u extract it to ur own system I'm dumb!." - theforgotten
"heh i got hit by sub7 before. I just dont know how i got it. It took me about 2 yrs to figure out which virus i had. I'm dumb!. then i started wanting to hack and i got sub7 just ot play around with it and i found the features in it that i had been affected by when i got the virus." - theforgotten

KaBlammyman
Member #455
June 2000

X-G...whoa...Over a female???? Man, girls are like busses, there is one every hour, on the hour. So if you miss one, just catch the next one going your way! Dont let a female make you do/say crazy stuff.

->Insert clever quote here<-
http:my website

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

That is the Funklord attitude. There's another name for it, but I dare not utter it here, lest I get banned for ages to come. :P

You are hereby disqualified from further discussion. You are the weakest link, goodbye!

--

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

Suicide comes up all too often on these forums. :-/
So does girl troubles - guess it somewhat comes with the territory so to speak ;D

Quote:

I dont know where is the hard thing on dating or being with a girl... just... be yourself,...

For me, and I'm sure many can agree, I'm hesitant on saying almost anything. So hesitant that I barely say anything, and half of what I say is pathetic nervous jumbles of words :P I know this happens to me, so when I'm anywhere NEAR a potential prospect (;D) I get nervous instantly, terrified that I'll do something weird :P

KaBlammy: It's not always so simple as that for everyone. ::) It's also.. uhh.. weird to look at it like that.

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

ibito
Member #2,784
September 2002

you wont say anything wrong... also if u say a stupid joke... that's u!! the man with the stupid jokes!!!, if she doesn't like u the way u are, then u dont have to change yourself, you are you and no one else... (this remember me the song "complicated" from avril lavigne)

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

That was probably the crappiest piece of advice I've ever heard in my life. :P

--

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

ibito
Member #2,784
September 2002

gnolam: sorry, Im not from US, Im from Mexico , I dont know the english very well

Go to: