Covid vaccination
Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

Polybios said:

That's exactly what the EU did wrong here. If you factor in the costs of lockdowns and worker support schemes, the cost of vaccines is negligible.

Even in an absolute sense, the vaccine cost is still negligible. I think I heard $39 for Pfizer (for both shots). Which sounds astonishingly inexpensive given all of the circumstances at play.

I got my second Pfizer dose about a month ago. I had some side effects, but the mind control doesn't seem to be working.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

BAF said:

Which sounds astonishingly inexpensive given all of the circumstances at play.

1. Give aggressive mix of existing flu vaccines in new packaging.

2. ???

3. Profit!!!!!!111

:D

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

bamccaig said:

I'm not sure I would trust the US vaccinations anyway. They were so desperate they probably would have approved bleach.

Hello from Russia..

Polybios
Member #12,293
October 2010

Some time ago, I stumbled upon this article which I found quite interesting: Reverse Engineering the source code of the BioNTech/Pfizer SARS-CoV-2 Vaccine

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

{"name":"mxvuM7BRGB.jpeg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/b\/a\/ba53d4b1a8309dc17f435645001c5190.jpg","w":1080,"h":956,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/b\/a\/ba53d4b1a8309dc17f435645001c5190"}mxvuM7BRGB.jpeg

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

Arthur, I would argue with you, but reading some of your other posts, I can see that would be a waste of time. I just hope you live a long and healthy life, you deserve it.

----------------------------------------------------
Please check out my songs:
https://soundcloud.com/dont-rob-the-machina

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

That's what the flat earthers say when I shoot their wishful thinking full of holes too. Except for the long and healthy life part.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

First, there are of course three vaccines "approved" by the FDA in the form of emergency use authorization. Millions of people dying is an emergency. Sources: https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer-updates/learn-more-about-covid-19-vaccines-fda, https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

If you are talking about a black market vaccine that your homeopathy lovin' chiropractor gave you, then, you are correct. That would not be approved by the FDA.

If you are worried about mRNA based vaccines being untested in long studies, then get the J&J vaccine. And it's the third vaccine available in the USA; not the first coronavirus vaccine. So that solves those problems.

Zero liability is different from zero peer reviews and zero testing and zero safety checks. The absence of liability is regarding if a people have adverse reactions to properly administered vaccinations that would be impossible to predict. In the case of gross negligence, there would surely be liability somewhere.

Ultimately you have to weigh the risks vs the reward. You are correct that if you are healthy and young that the coronavirus in its current form is probably not going to do any major damage to your wellbeing. That's an extremely selfish and shortsighted viewpoint that you are unfortunately entitled to have.

It's missing the point that:

• Young, healthy people are the ones predominantly spreading it, resulting in the death of many older people.

• The long term effects of this coronavirus are unknown. Some young people have had lingering effects for months. You worry about long term studies; you should also worry about long term effects of this virus.

• The longer it is given a chance to spread and mutate, the more likely it is to evolve into a virus that is even more deadly. Latest strains have already been shown to be infecting youth at a much higher rate than the original strain.

• Ultimately when considering the total effect, the known side effects of getting a vaccination are still less severe than the known side effects of getting the virus. Of course some unfortunate people will have adverse reactions to the vaccine who may have never otherwise contracted the vaccination. And that's a hard thing to get people to grasp. (It's why people are scared of self-driving cars --- even if they reduce the number of fatalities and accidents overall, if they are the cause of a single accident, then they are evil things that should have never been created.)

But if someone as a young, healthy person is so scared of getting poked by a needle, at least do your best to get the old and vulnerable in your circles vaccinated. This coronavirus is never going to be eradicated thanks to dumb people, but at least we can prevent more people from dying from it.

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

It doesn't matter anyway, being the world is going to burn up in 12 years, at least that's what the democrat angle on global warming is.

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Do you find it easy to ridicule a standpoint so you don't have to listen to it anymore?

Do you find it easy to change topics so that you don't have to respond to reasoned arguments?

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

His position of denial is based on elements of truth. Covid-19 on the individual level is largely nothing to worry about. Even if 5% of the population died from it, that's a pretty low risk individually if you aren't old. I disagree with that selfish viewpoint but I can't dismiss it as completely invalid.

However I don't have any tolerance to spreading half truth memes and pretending they are more trustworthy than rational thought based on expert analysis. I hate social networks so much. >:(

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

pretty low risk individually if you aren't old

I'm 63 years old. Old enough for your target?

I was going to a plasma center from 2012 to 2020 to pick up a few extra bucks, had a house cleaning job on base in 2014? to make some more money, but it made my legs quite obviously swell from the knee down until the plasma center said I needed a special examination. The medic type examining me was quite stern, and said I have all the signs of COPD, so I asked him "Are you telling me I have COPD?" and he yelled back "I can't tell you that!" I asked "Is that because you're not sure or because you're not allowed?" He said "NOT ALLOWED!" (he wasn't a full fledged doctor but more like a paramedic or something) How's that for respiratory risk?

Actually, right about this covid thing kicked in, I didn't feel right so I called in sick one night. I laid down on the floor and didn't get up for 5 days. The roommate I had at the time asked me every day should she call the paramedics and I said no. Somehow my hand coordination suffered, I have trouble touch typing and while I could still get the rhythm right playing my guitar, I was missing the strings to play notes pretty bad. I'd been this sick maybe 10 times before but usually I could blame it on my bad teeth or something, but those only lasted 3 days at a time. Maybe that was the covid thing?

Back in '99, I got sick like this and I asked a coworker who hoarded pain-killers to bring some to me, but when she saw me she dragged me to the ER and I wasn't in much of a condition to resist. That's the last time I saw a doctor (except for the plasma guy) and I haven't had my bad teeth worked on since the '70's when I was in USMC.

I've seen several friends die while in the care of "doctors" who were just in the medical field as a result of racial quotas and diversity hires.

I accept the risk and won't run around scared because some Chicken Little is running around with doom and gloom scaring all the normies.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

63 is borderline in terms of age, but I would definitely recommend anybody 60+ to get it for their own safety. From what I've seen in my county, the 80+ year olds are unable to handle it, even those that appear to be in great health. It's also hit 70+ hard, but the 50s and 60s are noticeably less likely to die from it.

I'm not sure what your personal story is supposed to mean.

Getting a vaccination (which I realize wasn't an option way back then) that costs somebody around $50 is surely much cheaper and less scary than being severely ill and out of commission for several days and taking a chance that you may die.

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

I would definitely recommend anybody 60+ to get it for their own safety.

Ok, filed under the "Opinions" catagory in my world view.

Quote:

From what I've seen in my county, the 80+ year olds are unable to handle it, even those that appear to be in great health. It's also hit 70+ hard, but the 50s and 60s are noticeably less likely to die from it.

I don't know or have seen anybody who's actually contracted covid, and I'd guess that cab drivers meet more than most. I used to ask the passengers if they knew anybody who had it (I'd guess about 150 - 200 people) and only one said yes. I quit asking maybe 6 months ago.

Quote:

Getting a vaccination (which I realize wasn't an option way back then) that costs somebody around $50 is surely much cheaper and less scary than being severely ill and out of commission for several days

Untested long term effects etc.

Quote:

taking a chance that you may die.

Been there, done that many many times in my life.

My attitude is also largely based on all the BS about the whole thing, such as the one-year anniversary of the "15 day lockdown to flatten the curve" thing, as well as the widespread misery caused by that same lockdown. When I said I got sick when the covid story became big news, we cab drivers were widely anticipating the boom in business we always get around March due to everybody getting their income tax refunds, and could take home $100 a night if you drove somebody elses cab as opposed to the $40 or so during most of the year. Due to the lockdown I was taking home about $15 a night, most of which was hauling people to/from their homes to the grocery store. And about a year and a half ago I got my phone stolen by a passenger and I didn't replace it until last August or so and now I'm pestered two or three times a week by people calling a defunct appliance repair business that crumbled under the lockdown. I suppose I should see about getting a new number, but I'm kind of mean in that I tell them the business failed due to Pelosi's lockdown. About half of them burst out laughing.

1   2 

Go to: