Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Game Design & Concepts » Hey! Give me an easy game idea

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Hey! Give me an easy game idea
Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

I've got a long weekend, and am thinking about doing a quick mini-hack. Anybody got any quick ideas/requirements they can throw at me? A game idea that can be done in a short time?

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Something inspirational or educational about COVID-19 would be appropriate. :)

A few weeks ago I proposed a virus spread simulator game to help educate the population about the dangers of exponential infection (perhaps the player's job is to try to control the spread as a governing body or something). Of course, making that fun is the hard part.

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

bamccaig said:

Of course, making that fun is the hard part.

There was a DOS game, which I can't remember the name of, that was based around that idea. It was quite fun.

edit: I found it. It was called Epidemic.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

I'm reading the the manual right now, this is epic.

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

Quote:

Occasionally, things get so out of hand that the total destruction of a region is strategically advantageous. The player may do just that by ordering a nuclear detonation in that region.

They predicted the New York City situation all the way back in 1982 :o

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

Frank Drebin
Member #2,987
December 2002

A remake of BunkerMaster (SH entry) ...

dthompson
Member #5,749
April 2005

I'd love to see a new platformer with similar mechanics to Tomba (but perhaps minus the missions, if you want to do something simple). Loved that game, it had really good chunky grab-based combat.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

I read all the way through the Epidemic! manual. It's pretty straight-forward. My biggest problem is the input and play control is really bad and I'd have to re-invent that as I build it. Right now, there's a lot of table interpretation, and unnecessary extra lookups. I'd have to clean that up, too.

I'm still wanting to do it, though.

--

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

There's also Plague Inc. It's a mobile game where you are the virus and you choose how to evolve the virus with the goal of wiping out the world.

It came out a few years ago and is eerily on point for how the world responded to the coronavirus.

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Well that was fun thinking that I might make a game over the weekend :P

On the plus side, I did get to spend a lot of time working on a new code editor. :)

--

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

I have a easy game idea but but you would have to give me al royalties cause it a new type of game merged genera. and its additive and scalable

wow
-------------------------------
i am who you are not am i

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

bamccaig said:

I hope it has vim bindings. >:(

Absolutely. It's built on those bindings. I'm thinking any other binding would show a little baby rattler icon in the UI to shame those using anything else.

piccolo said:

you would have to give me al royalties

Sounds good to me, sign me up.

--

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

ok Mark Oates how should we communicate or should we make it an allegro game and allocate all royalty to allegro i have a screen shot the game i never got around to programing it because i working on a new physics motor i was going to put it on.

wow

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

piccolo said:

ok Mark Oates how should we communicate or should we make it an allegro game and allocate all royalty to allegro i have a screen shot the game i never got around to programing it because i working on a new physics motor i was going to put it on.

Ok, realistically probably not gonna happen. I've got enough things I'm working to stay motivated on. :P

--

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

piccolo said:

it a new type of game merged genera. and its additive and scalable

Is it The Game 2.0? :o

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

nope its easier to build should take 2 days to build in its base state. i just wanted to implemented with my new engine but there really is no need. my new engine would slow it down until i get it fine tuned anyway.

wow

DuncanShine
Member #17,479
March 2020

I was gonna make a 2d battle simulator with lots of enemies, you could try doing something like that

Go to: