Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Election Night 2016

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Election Night 2016
Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

When Trump won, all I could think of was "grab em' by the pussy". I just imagined him at his inauguration and at the end of his speech he'd just go "and remember folks: grab em' by the pussy". Cracks me up.

GG America, regroup in four years and try again.

In capitalist America bank robs you.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Bragging about purposefully entering women's dressing rooms to see them naked, and habitually sexually assaulting women because you are famous, and then later dismissing it as "locker room talk" is really all you need to know about Trump. The politics here are irrelevant.

I'm afraid most of us don't follow American politics closely enough to see everything each candidate has ever said. Link please?

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

At least that is a legit reason to be concerned. He is a piece of shit, but he was just being honest about how celebrities are viewed in this nation. Look at Charlie Sheen during the 80s and 90s, for every woman pressing charges for sexual assault, he had 3 or 4 bragging about him doing it to them. What message does it send your daughter when a regular Joe like you or me is put in jail for DUI, but celebs like Shia LeBeouf or even Sheen get the equivalent of a slap on the wrist? Even some of the former pageant contestants said it was common place for the owners of pageants to come back in the dressing room while they were changing. So not only does it show Trump isn't the only one that does it, but it also shows how backwards the country is that a lot of the women participating think that is perfectly normal.

Then you have the other end of the spectrum for fear, people that identify as social justice warriors are stressing because they think Trump will have the power to make women go back to the 1920s and only cook, clean, and stay at home to take care of the kids. Others have expressed they fear he will repeal gay marriage. They don't realize that those are things the Supreme Court have ruled on, and would block him as being Unconstitutional to Americans. My own mother-in-law is scared he will launch nukes, she literally thinks he has a red button on his desk he can just press at a whim and launch all our nukes.

People are freaking out, but need to understand that our government system doesn't give Trump as much power as they think it does.

bamccaig said:

I'm afraid most of us don't follow American politics closely enough to see everything each candidate has ever said. Link please?

It was a soundbite where he was telling a television host that because he was a celebrity he could walk up and grab a woman by the p**** and nothing would happen. Then the pageant contestants revealed he would walk into the dressing room while they were changing, which he claimed was just him checking on the models, "Part of his job as the pageant owner".

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

Elias said:

Johan: I apologize if my new home country spoiled your birthday celebrations

No, nothing spoiled. My wife woke my up, saying something like "Here's a pullover, a crashed DC-3 and Donald Trump. Happy birthday."

The crashed DC-3 was the main news the day I was born. What I got was a newspaper from that day. Anyway, numbers 9 and 11 seem to connect to catastrophes.

I guess it's meaningless to debate about Trump vs. Clinton. The worst thing still is that USA ended up in two candidates that 100 % of the citizens hate[1]. That's all wrong. And that's all backed up by two major parties. It's not that big difference from the Soviet system with only one party. If Clinton had won, you would have had these same rants all over the country, where people shout "Not my president!". I guess some sign maker could have manufactured those signs in advance and start selling them on Wednesday morning.

References

1. Well, 50% hate one and 50% hate the other one. You get the point.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

I suppose at least you [America] don't have two branches of government that are at odds with one another any more, so maybe things will run smoother.

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

Quote:

facepalm

(about the videos bamca posted)

Well, that's about why I prefer Trump over Hillary. It's not like Hillary made all the Islamic mess, but American establishment pretty much did.. AS well as many other things. Not like Trump will put it to an end, but he certainly is less of a representative for the establishment than is Clinton, who is pretty much the embodiment of the establishment.

I like the word. Establishment. And I hate the establishment itself :D

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

It's always easy to hate the establishment. But what is the alternative to establishment? Could we have a well organised society without an establishment? Is it possible to have an establishment which everyone loves?

Who do we vote for to be our next hate object?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

ks
Member #1,086
March 2001

The US has indeed elected a vile human being.

Speculative I know, but I suspect even fewer girls and women will report harassment and abuse. Having Trump as president will further normalize sexual, physical, and verbal violence against women. These things appear to align with his personality. The layering of his policies - beliefs - bring racism and xenophobia into the mix for likely a generational effect - slowly seeping into behaviour without.

As Matthew noted, all you need look at is the starting point.

For those who missed it: Trump Access Hollywood Video

And if that's not enough, make no mistake, "Make America Great Again", at least in this incarnation (see Reagan's campaign) is code for "Make America White Again". The same is the case for the often heard, "the country is heading in the wrong direction".

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

It's always easy to hate the establishment. But what is the alternative to establishment? Could we have a well organised society without an establishment? Is it possible to have an establishment which everyone loves?

You see, I've this problem where I live, in Russia. Though actually local establishment, after stealing in 90s, actually aligns it's own good quite closely with the good of the country. They don't need to "steal" more, they want the justice system to work & the country to be rich. That's what I want to.

As of U.S establishment, I care way less. I just want it to keep it's nose away from others. American selective cross-border justice is disgusting. At times risky(as the stronger side U.S. should be less risk tolerant, it has it all more or less as is, so it has more to lose).

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

The amount of racism/sexism baiting from the left has been and will remain at insane levels for some time to come. Hillary is quite the embodiment of corrupt politics, so I shed no tears for her political downfall and potential upcoming legal problems.

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

bamccaig said:

LMGTFY -- the first article combines the relevant information.

[edit]
And also, in case you missed it:

video

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

Some like to over simplify why Trump won:
https://twitter.com/Grummz/status/796726309917458434

This is also making its rounds:
{"name":"Cw3DfulXcAA4vpO.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/4\/6\/46b386c026080b44c692ea012388da03.jpg","w":621,"h":516,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/4\/6\/46b386c026080b44c692ea012388da03"}Cw3DfulXcAA4vpO.jpg
First thing in my mind is, why didn't the bus driver report it? I thought people in those jobs were legally required to report any and all attacks in their vehicles?

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

First thing in my mind is, why didn't the bus driver report it?

It would very easy to pull a knife on somebody on a bus without the driver (or anyone else) knowing, provided the victim doesn't make a scene. Sadly, in that situation, a lot of oppressed minorities don't make a scene.

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

LennyLen said:

It would very easy to pull a knife on somebody on a bus without the driver (or anyone else) knowing, provided the victim doesn't make a scene. Sadly, in that situation, a lot of oppressed minorities don't make a scene.

Hadn't considered that. In my mind, I visualized some idiot standing mid isle pulling it out in plain sight. He could have done it in the seat beside her without being noticed. I'm glad to see that the police got hold of her via Twitter to try and get an investigation going.

ks
Member #1,086
March 2001

Another set of twitter posts (anecdotal, yes). Based on the campaign there is little reason to doubt much of what's posted.

https://twitter.com/i/moments/796417517157830656

The same occurred after the Brexit vote.

One false story: False story

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

Well they did claim that anyone that voted for Trump was sexist, racist, xenophobic, bigots, etc.

Well in 2020, I think she will do as good as Jill Stein did.
{"name":"Cw8GC6WW8AAgfe_.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/8\/e\/8ea97ed120c349409242ed8b846b9366.jpg","w":593,"h":530,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/8\/e\/8ea97ed120c349409242ed8b846b9366"}Cw8GC6WW8AAgfe_.jpg

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Sometimes the people who hire you don't want your qualifications.

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

Surely a video is worth a bit more than a mere claim of racism?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjCWLPAK9y4
Another video of the incident shows one of the thugs driving away in the victim's car while the victim's arm is in the window, dragging him away. Can't immediately find youtube tags...

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

Okay this went to the extreme pretty fast....Kind of graphic:

{"name":"Cw7S0pFVQAAaSkf.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/4\/8\/48126750857b5fd94347df412e1829a9.jpg","w":777,"h":1199,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/4\/8\/48126750857b5fd94347df412e1829a9"}Cw7S0pFVQAAaSkf.jpg

ks
Member #1,086
March 2001

Yes, the aggression will flow in both directions. The general point is that a 'dog whistle' campaign plays into increased social unrest especially when you're the victor. In direct relation to the election acts of racism and violence will not be limited to one side. It's a strawman argument and a waste of time to think otherwise.

At this point, there simply is no surprise at the anger - lowered inhibitions from all sides - and specifically an immediate trend toward harassing Muslims and Hispanics. Perhaps in the long term the populace will become complacent, maybe once again apathetic, when they realize that their economic well-being remains largely unchanged merely tracking with competent federal management. There is no magic. What won't change is what Trump represents (by his own words).

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

People are letting their fear control their thinking. We are taught about the government system throughout school in the US and if they would calm down they would realize key points.
1) There have been politicians in the past that used unrest like Trump did, won, and never made any movement on the promises made during the campaign.
2) The President actually has limited power and answers to the Supreme Court. He can't do anything drastic as they will call him out on it and reverse anything that is unconstitutional.

Day 1 in Trump's America

That is the other problem. Trump's America doesn't start until January 20, 2017. Right now we are still in Obama's America. All these cases of racism, sexism, etc. fall to Obama to deal with until then.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

No, you're wrong. Trump's victory has empowered hatred. You're right people are afraid. They're afraid to be Muslim, Hispanic, Black, Chinese, Gay, Female, Transgender and anything else that isn't male and white.

Welcome to the next page in the history of the blame game. Just two years ago it was gamers being accused of empowering hatred. Before that it was white supremacists and the KKK and neo-nazis. Hatred has always been here and always will be here, the scapegoat for it just changes. Granted this scapegoat makes it damn easy to pin it on him.

Fact still remains that Day 1 of Trump's America doesn't begin until he is sworn in as President of the United States on January 20, 2017. All this hate is still under the current President's administration and falls on him to deal with.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

The blame falls clearly on Donald Trump. Did you even read that page ks and I linked to? I suppose you think it's just coincidence that the day after Trump wins all over America people feel free to be racist and harass people without fear of retribution. It's clear that Trump has enabled all of this behavior.

Trump may not be sworn in for a month and a half, but he is clearly the cause of this surge in outrageous and unacceptable behavior. This is what Trump has brought out in America. Whether Obama is still president or not is irrelevant. The blame rests on Trump.

Go to: