Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro.cc Comments » Thread locks too soon

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Thread locks too soon
MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

Since you talked about, I looked at my profile and I been here 17 years as of the 8th.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

Dang dude, you're old! Time to update the ol' avatar. Try this on for size. ;D

{"name":"17711_oldman.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/d\/5\/d5a19ca23d0b68919f57c90f49a5a8d5.jpg","w":480,"h":480,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/d\/5\/d5a19ca23d0b68919f57c90f49a5a8d5"}17711_oldman.jpg

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

>looks left at join date
I used to be young. Now I'm old.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

Bambams and I have been here almost exactly the same amount of time. We're one member number apart. That's why we're destined to be mortal enemies.

How come no ones plays my game. >:(

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Add your game to the list of all the Krampus games I haven't played. Then add that to the fact that I'm still programming mine. And on top of that, I have a chess server I need to program, and my gui library, and my portfolio, etc...

I just don't have time to play games anymore. :(

l j
Member #10,584
January 2009

What's a game?

Darío B.
Member #16,705
July 2017

Is this thread basically Discord for old people now? 8-)

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

I'm willing to believe that.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Darío B.
Member #16,705
July 2017

Are you really Darío B.? Or are you Dario ff?

Both. I lost access to my old account so this is the best I could manage. :P

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Darío B.
Member #16,705
July 2017

Any of you worked on anything cool lately? :-*

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I've been look into task-based architectures for parallel game engines.

I still love the D language.

And... it's been eight years of going to doctors constantly and still not having a diagnosis. :/ I'm at the point currently where I get sick after eating literally anything.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

I can smell old timers lurking in the shadows.

Hey! I take a shower every month, whether I need it or not! >:(

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Yay, I can login again. Geez. This is getting ridiculous. Matthew, this site needs more active members to maintain it. It is getting ridiculous.

In addition to buying a house, my wife and I just got a puppy. I do not recommend either.

The house is falling apart more and more every day. We notice more and more blemishes each day that we didn't notice when we did our initial walk-throughs and decision making or even after living in it for 2 months.

The puppy is a goddamn nightmare. Doesn't let you sleep. Regularly urinates indoors, despite efforts to control water intake and schedule routine visits outside. He is getting more and more bold with each day. It's a "Golden Rottie" AKA a Golden Retriever mixed with a Rottweiler. Though its colours are more close to a Golden right now, it is reminding me more and more of a Rottweiler instead. Anyway, it's a lot of goddamn work and stress, and I don't recommend it. Seriously. If kids are worse than this I don't know how every father ever didn't shoot themselves in the face. >:(

I also changed jobs. I don't want to jinx it, but so far so good. >:(

relpatseht
Member #5,034
September 2004

bamccaig said:

Regularly urinates indoors, despite efforts to control water intake and schedule routine visits outside. He is getting more and more bold with each day.

For puppies, until they're about 6 months old, keep them in a kennel at all times while unsupervised, with scheduled, specific times being taken outside. Whenever you take them out of the kennel, the first thing you do must always be to take them outside as well. After they're 6 months old and have been doing this for 2 months, you can relax it a bit. Once they've been on this schedule for 4 months, even the dumbest dog I've ever had has been completely house trained, and no longer requires the kennel at all.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Puppies can't hold their bladder any better than toddlers can. Make sure you have reasonable expectations.

Only use positive reinforcement with the exception of obvious stuff like growling, biting, stealing food. Instead of scolding a dog when it pees, give it praise when it goes outside.

-----sig:

Darío B.
Member #16,705
July 2017

bamccaig said:

Yay, I can login again.

Cool. Maybe you'll finally get rid of the Christmas hat I gave you. :D

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

Quick question: why are frame-buffer textures upside-down in OpenGL? I'm working with WebGL 2, and when I draw a texture to a quad on the screen it draws perfectly fine. However, once I draw that same texture to a frame-buffer and then draw the frame-buffer's texture to the screen, it comes out upside-down. Is this by design? If so, why? I know I can apply a simple scale and translation to fix it, but why is it like this by default?

Maybe I can just edit the texture coordinates such that they'll always draw upside-down, with or without a frame-buffer. Then at least it'll be consistent. Then I could just flip it with some sweet, sweet matrix math.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Quick question: why are frame-buffer textures upside-down in OpenGL?

Because X,Y,Z arbitrary and by convention, so different people choose different conventions.

OpenGL is uses right-handed.

DirectX is uses left-handed.

That's for Z.

Likewise, because OpenGL was a CAD graphics framework, they had "up" be up. Whereas oldschool gamer bros think of it in terms of rasterscanning from top-left to bottom right.

-----sig:

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Darío B. said:

Cool. Maybe you'll finally get rid of the Christmas hat I gave you. :D

I don't remember who gave me this Christmas hat, but I remember that it was eternal.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

I knew it. I can smell old timers lurking in the shadows.

Yeah, I am now I guess. Though I still don't see 55 as old. I was just looking at what I looked like when I first joined here as opposed to what I look like now (or as of December 2019 anyhow)...

Me, taken March 22, 2002 (I joined these forums in April, though I was on the email list longer than that, if anyone remembers those)...
{"name":"612315","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/5\/9\/59f09d6d5a0450433588a06b6bbdaf7a.jpg","w":512,"h":512,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/5\/9\/59f09d6d5a0450433588a06b6bbdaf7a"}612315

Me, taken December 13, 2019...
{"name":"612316","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/4\/8\/48065ff21a23581a7682fe8e3d7b10b4.jpg","w":512,"h":512,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/4\/8\/48065ff21a23581a7682fe8e3d7b10b4"}612316

This is what happens between 37 and 55! Yeesh...

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

Go to: