Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » A good movie to watch,

Credits go to Arthur Kalliokoski, Bob Keane, Derezo, Dizzy Egg, Elias, Gideon Weems, jhuuskon, LennyLen, Matthew Leverton, OICW, pkrcel, Sirocco, Slartibartfast, SonShadowCat, Thomas Fjellstrom, and Trezker for helping out!
This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2   3   4 
A good movie to watch,
type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

with a wise & intelligent girl?

I'm uncertain a "romantic comedy" will do here, until it's something exceptional.

Uhm? :)

Append:
How's this? With a hint :P

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

If you are into animated films, I suggest "The Incredibles" or"Princess Mononoke". The Incredibles definitely lived up to its name. Screw romantic comedies.

Update: She might like Spirited Away.

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

Heh. Dunno. Generally I'm looking more at the kinds of Anna Karenina, Nymphomaniac.. Imma get a Ghost in the Shell though, just in case she's in love with anime :P

Actually Princess Mononoke looks interesting as well. I'll download. Just gotta not overload her with choices. Rather.. Decide myself until she doesn't like my choice :P

jhuuskon
Member #302
April 2000

The Apartment or pretty much any Billy Wilder film is s good choice. For any occasion.

You don't deserve my sig.

Trezker
Member #1,739
December 2001

pkrcel
Member #14,001
February 2012

Any film by Kevin Smith might be okay, even thou getting through the demential cover is quite tough, especially with bright girls.

It is unlikely that Google shares your distaste for capitalism. - Derezo
If one had the eternity of time, one would do things later. - Johan Halmén

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

Rushmore.

----------------------------------------------------
Please check out my songs:
https://soundcloud.com/dont-rob-the-machina

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Show her Blazing Saddles or Space Balls. If she doesn't like at least one of them, she isn't worth it. ;)

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

What movie would you want to watch alone? Watch that. Then, let her pick the next movie, if she wants. It ain't too hard.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

All the girls like Frozen. :o

SonShadowCat
Member #1,548
September 2001

Your first mistake is caring what she may want.

Slartibartfast
Member #8,789
June 2007

Your first mistake is caring what she may want.

Yes.
You need to bitchslap her down to the ground so she knows her place. Also, pee on her to mark your territory, they can smell the pheromones in urine and it gets into their brain that they're yours.

Anyway, why not pick a wise & intelligent movie that you like?

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

All the girls like Frozen.

I loved Frozen. But I hate all wise and/or intelligent movies... :P

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

I liked Frozen too, but it seemed like they ripped out half of the story just before they released it. Some missing bits and it felt rushed.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

++ for Spaceballs and Saddles!!! If she doesn't laugh it's OVER >:( :-/ ;D

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Have you asked what type of movies she likes? That's going to be the biggest factor in choosing the right movie.

And don't assume that because she's intelligent she'll want to watch a movie that makes you think. My girlfriend is very intelligent but to her, movies are a chance to relax and switch off. She'd rather watch Harry Potter for the 10,000th time than something with a decent storyline.

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

"Dead Mans Shoes"

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

So, the list is:

The Apartment,
Princess Mononoke,
Red State,
The Princess Bride,
Rushmore,
Blazing Saddles,
Spaceballs(There's no space between the words ;)),
Dead Mans Shoes 

being downloaded. Thanks for suggestions, regardless of the girl it looks like it's all movies which are worth watching.

Also Anna Karenina, & Ghost In The Shell are on the list. Also Nympomaniac(bit hard to get it high quality for some reason). & Rasskazy.

@ML The 2010 one, right? Not 2013 :D
But really, which of the Frozen's? The animation, or.. ?

@Gideon.. Awesome idea. It may very well happen. Although I feel like we'll choose a movie from the flow of our conversation while I cook the beef and let the Merlot breath.

You need to bitchslap her down to the ground so she knows her place. Also, pee on her to mark your territory, they can smell the pheromones in urine and it gets into their brain that they're yours.

Sounds rough. But if a university lecturer suggets me do that.. I just might.

About picking a wise & intelligent movie that I like.. I don't really like to rewatch movies. & I wanna enjoy the time too. :)

But generally I do think in that direction.

P.S:
I asked her what kind of movies does she like. I got the most typical answer imaginable.. "A comedy." :(
Ghost in The Shell will do then :P

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

A lot of us think that 'Dead Mans Shoes' is the best English film ever made, ever. It's no comedy (there are parts that are meant to make you smile, whilst still feeling uncomfortable) but it is truly a great, great piece of art.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

Dead Mans Shoes (clip for type568)

Seriously.....well, just serious.

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

@ML Well.. Chicks maybe, but it doesn't look like I wanna watch it.

@Ball Well.. You made me wanna watch it. Stopped other downloads, and force started this one. :)

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

I don't know what Dead Man's Shoes is, but I like it. Thank you.

pkrcel
Member #14,001
February 2012

type568 said:

while I cook the beef and let the Merlot breath.

please for the love of god (cit.) choose another wine. :-*

Which beef?

EDIT: it seems I can't type italics.... ???

It is unlikely that Google shares your distaste for capitalism. - Derezo
If one had the eternity of time, one would do things later. - Johan Halmén

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

https://www.allegro.cc/forums/thread/605624

Trent is still watching Home Alone 2

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

1   2   3   4 

Go to: