Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Installation, Setup & Configuration » Display Problem

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Display Problem
Cassio Renan
Member #14,189
April 2012

I'm trying to install allegro on a W7-64 bits computer with DX11.

I got the binaries for MinGW 4.6.2, and created a folder C:\allegro to store them. Then I got the latest version of MinGW(4.7) and installed it on C:\MinGW, and set the enviroment variables MINGDIR and Path accordingly. I know that I should use MinGW 4.6.2, but couldn't find out how to install a lower version of it. If there's known compatibility issues for 4.7 please let me know.

Last, I created a new project in C::B and linked to allegro statically. I already know how to do this, since it's not my first installation.

The problem is that allegro can't seem to be able to create a working display. It does create one, but with some issues:

• If I try to clear it to al_map_rgb(0,0,0), it gets blue, not black(other color combinations seem to change the color, but not for the expected one);

• Trying to destroy the display crashes the program;

• If I switch target bitmap to another bitmap, and then switch back to the backbuffer, the program crashes.
  • I know it's an installation/compatibility problem, since the code works on other machines.

I attached allegro.log for you guys to see.

EDIT: I have just compiled allegro from source, and it works fine. This topic can be closed.

thanks!

Go to: