Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Programming Questions » [Allegro 5][Code::Blocks] "undefined reference to `__chkstk_ms'"

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
[Allegro 5][Code::Blocks] "undefined reference to `__chkstk_ms'"
RPG Hacker
Member #12,492
January 2011

Hi there,

I'm experiencing a problem with Allegro 5 in Code::Blocks. I originally planned to use Visual C++ 2010 for my game, but I experienced numerous bugs and problems in Microsoft's IDE, including not even being able to run the game on all Win32 platforms. Therefore I decided to switch back to Code::Blocks, which luckily wasn't a big deal since I'm not too far in the project yet. However, there is still one error related to the Allegro library I can't fix.

Here is an image:
http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w510/RPG_Hacker/UndefinedReference.png

I did everything as explained on the Wiki. Am I missing a library or something? Or is my MinGW installation outdated?

EDIT:
It may also be worth noting that I used the defines "WIN32" and "UNICODE" in my source code.

EDIT:
Yeah, it may actually be MinGW. When I downloaded Allegro 5.0.6. it's been a while since I worked with Code::Blocks, so I didn't know which version of MinGW I had installed and downloaded the package for 4.6.2. I think I have 4.5.2. installed, though. I'll try updating to 4.6.2. and tell you if that fixed it.

EDIT:
Yeah, this fixed it. Sorry for stupidity! ::)

Go to: