Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Azure RDP

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Azure RDP
Steve++
Member #1,816
January 2002

I signed up to Windows Azure for a free 3 month trial and created a small compute instance. But now I have no idea how to RDP into it or even ping it. Can anyone please enlighten me on this issue?

van_houtte
Member #11,605
January 2010

I know this wont help you solve the problem you're having, but on Amazons' AWS, one needs to create a key pair to log into their server(s). Azure's console should have some help me docs in the console management interface.

-----
For assistance, please register and click on this link to PM a moderator

Sometimes you may have to send 3-4 messages

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

With all due respect, have you tried Google? "Windows azure rdp" shows many promising links. Any reason why those aren't working?

Steve++
Member #1,816
January 2002

Look at the dates on those links. A lot has changed since then. The ones I started reading talked about getting an SDK for Visual Studio and creating some sort of project.

Anyway, I'm not that poor. I just fired up a Windows instance on Joyent and connected to that. Easy. It's only $0.29/hour.

van_houtte
Member #11,605
January 2010

Steve++ said:

Anyway, I'm not that poor. I just fired up a Windows instance on Joyent and connected to that. Easy. It's only $0.29/hour.

Kinda expensive....I get a micro instance on AWS form $.02 an hour, I'm running 3 micro instances and a Amazon RDS database (a cloud solution for mysql).

Since i'm still dev/testing mode, my bill came to 1.60$ last month. Lots of free features on Amazon's cloud for new users.

You can get 1 free micro instance (running windows if that's what you like) for free for a year. Their cloud database solution is free for couple of months as well.

http://aws.amazon.com/ec2/pricing/

-----
For assistance, please register and click on this link to PM a moderator

Sometimes you may have to send 3-4 messages

Go to: