Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Installation, Setup & Configuration » A5.1 ogg support

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
A5.1 ogg support
Hilake
Member #6,153
August 2005

A5.1 iPhone ogg supprot.

I forgot to say that I use A5.1 for iPhone.

I had ask this question before. But I didn't solve it. After a few month, I continue to build it. I want to support ogg audio file in my game. There is no tutorial for me to follow. I download the "vorbis-iphone.zip" file which says that "Ogg Vorbis libraries and headers compiled for IPhone. Drop these into the deps folder and CMake should pick them up.". But it could not find it. I check the FindTermor.cmake file and fix "find_library(TREMOR_LIBRARY NAMES vorbisidec)". I know little about cmake. But I follow some tutorial about it and allegro build success. But my game still can not play ogg files.
I am going to be mad:-/. There must be something simple mistakes I have make. But I didn't know where to start fix it. :'(

I use allegro for my iPhone games.
Lost Sprite
Fruit Clear

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

I think that download might be outdated and you may have to compile the vorbis library yourself. Look for libtremor sources. I have on my todo to check that download and try and recompile it but not sure if/when I get around to.

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

Hilake
Member #6,153
August 2005

I get the tremor source compile it by myself. I use the xcode to create a static library. But I get a error says:
-- Performing Test TREMOR_COMPILES
-- Performing Test TREMOR_COMPILES - Failed

Lost Sprite
Fruit Clear

Trent Gamblin
Member #261
April 2000

Make sure you put the libraries and headers where Allegro can find them. If you have to click the allegro_acodec target and set "Header Search Paths" and "Library Search Paths" to where those files are.

Hilake
Member #6,153
August 2005

Finally, I can play ogg file in my ios game project.
I just compile the Tremor lib for my self. I did not success at first time. Remember to add the ogg src file in the Tremor lib project. Compile the ogg and the tremor in the same "libTremor.a" lib file.

It's a long time to make the allegro 5 for ios to play ogg. Any how, I'm glad I have success for the end, and it make me know more about allegro. Thanks for help!
But I think allegro should be more friendly for people who want to use it. Compile allegro by ourself is a little difficult.

Lost Sprite
Fruit Clear

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

If you can provide a redistributable version of libtremor, we could put it up on the website.

--

Hilake
Member #6,153
August 2005

what is "redistributable version"?
I'm glad to provide my libtremor. ;D

Lost Sprite
Fruit Clear

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

I'm not sure exactly to be honest, but the libtremor.a certainly would be helpful. Maybe also a tremor.h or whatever. Then someone can drop the libtremor.a into build/deps/lib and tremor.h into build/deps/include and re-run cmake and it should create an xcode project with ogg support... in theory.

I'd really like if we had a binary Allegro.Framework file you could simply add to your XCode IPhone project and you'd have Allegro and all the addons and dependencies. Butit isn't all that easy creating such a framework.

--

Hilake
Member #6,153
August 2005

For the beginner, I think they want precompiled version of allegro lib. They can soon use allegro to code there own game. I'm glad to provide my own allegro iPhone lib.

If they want to run there own allegro lib. They must compile it. But it's not easy for beginner. I have changed two .cmake files in order to compile with libtremor.a. Because it always warning me that can't find the tremor header and lib. And they have to learn how to compile libtremor of iPhone version in order to produce a libtremor.a. So I think provide libtremor.a and header files will helpful for them.

Lost Sprite
Fruit Clear

Go to: