Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » I Guess My Parachute Opened?

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
I Guess My Parachute Opened?
Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

bamccaig said:

Somebody reassure me that I made the right decisions. :'(

You didn't get laid. That's enough to make anybody reevaluate their actions. :P Like I said earlier, you made the right choice as you can only really gauge what you should do while you're in the situation. Afterthought is tainted.

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

bamccaig said:

Somebody reassure me that I made the right decisions.

For what it's worth, I would have made the same decision you did.

axilmar
Member #1,204
April 2001

bamccaig said:

I did ask the OP girl out... That was the whole ing point of the OP.

It's just pathetic when a guy thinks to start a friendship with a girl he is sexually attracted to. She has a boyfriend, dump her, find another one. It's that easy.

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

Bamccaig said:

Somebody reassure me that I made the right decisions.

A former housemate of mine was in a similar situation. He dated a girl in high school, broke up with her, she got married and had a son, contacted him some years later, they got together possibly as friends and had a son, she and her husband got divorced but still live together and I think they had another child, but the former housemate is paying almost half his paycheck to her in support. She is always pulling the former housemate into court to increase the payments or cut his visitation rights. I grew up in the same neighborhood as them and knew her before he did. I remember telling him I thought she was a bitch, but looking back I think that term was too strong. I think you dodged a bullet, Bambam, but maybe you should have told her you were too drunk to have sex.

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I think today might be the day for me to get a sub. :) I'm not feeling very well and next week I'm going on holidays so I'd rather be feeling better by then. :( I think a big sub with plenty of vegetables and/or "fruit" (e.g., tomato) would be a more healthy lunch (compared to a couple of chicken wraps from Tim Horton's) and hope it will help. :D

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

Is piccolo a real person or just Yves on LSD?

----------------------------------------------------
Please check out my songs:
https://soundcloud.com/dont-rob-the-machina

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

None of us are real. Kuhl, upgrading to Opera 11.11 brought back my attachments button! :o

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

bamccaig said:

I think today might be the day for me to get a sub. :)

OMG it's the big day! :o:o:o

Alright, bets are on! Everybody pick one:

1. Conversation is short and inconsequential.

2. She's (having trouble/broke up with) her boyfriend.

3. She says something like "You never called! :-["

4. She isn't working today.

I bet on 4. :P

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

Evert
Member #794
November 2000

Alright, bets are on! Everybody pick one:

5. She has a new boyfriend.
6. She's quit her job and is working somewhere else now (variation of 4).

I'd go with 1 or 4.

Oh,

bamccaig said:

I think a big sub with plenty of vegetables and/or "fruit" (e.g., tomato) would be a more healthy lunch (compared to a couple of chicken wraps from Tim Horton's) and hope it will help. :D

Your immune system doesn't work that way.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Evert said:

HAHAHA ;D;D

--

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

1. Conversation is short and inconsequential.

2. She's (having trouble/broke up with) her boyfriend.

3. She says something like "You never called! :-["

4. She isn't working today.

6. She's quit her job and is working somewhere else now (variation of 4).

And the winner is... 1 (and maybe 5, but it didn't come up ;D). We didn't really talk at all. I'm not going to bother listing the possible reasons why. :P

Neil Walker
Member #210
April 2000

I'm getting mixed up already, I was thinking this is the thread about a random bipolar girl knocking on somebody's apartment door...

Neil.
MAME Cabinet Blog / AXL LIBRARY (a games framework) / AXL Documentation and Tutorial

wii:0356-1384-6687-2022, kart:3308-4806-6002. XBOX:chucklepie

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

It is. And it isn't. I temporarily hijacked it rather than creating a whole new thread for that chick. :) Then I went back on topic briefly. Now I'm not sure where it's going to go (depends if anybody has anything more to add about either or whether or not I run into one of these two girls, or Hell a third, sometime soon). :D

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

bamccaig said:

And the winner is... 1 (and maybe 5, but it didn't come up ). We didn't really talk at all. I'm not going to bother listing the possible reasons why.

Did she give any indication that she remembered you? Like "Oh hi! Haven't seen you around lately" or something to that effect?

=================================================
Paul whoknows: Why is this thread still open?
Onewing: Because it is a pthread: a thread for me to pee on.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Did she give any indication that she remembered you?

She did call the police, but other than that... no.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Did she give any indication that she remembered you? Like "Oh hi! Haven't seen you around lately" or something to that effect?

Nothing so obvious. The place was relatively busy. When I asked her out I actually waited until the only other person went into the back (is that good, bad, or neutral?). :-/ Anyway, today there were 2 or 3 other customers and a colleague so about 4 extra people in a tiny little sub shop. Nichole didn't take my order either; the other woman did.

I asked what was in the "veggie" sub trying to figure out if I wanted to try something new (and potentially more healthy). The woman said whatever I want. :o Inside I was wondering why they don't call it the "whatever you want" sub then. :P At this point, I think Nichole had moved over from the counter space where they make the subs (on the side) to the front counter where I was ordering, standing next to the woman actually taking my order. Doubtful, I naturally asked if "whatever I want" included meat. Of course, the answer to that was no. When I asked about the meat I think Nichole kind of laughed a bit, but it was too subtle to be sure. I'm probably inferring too much from it, but I digress. It was beginning to feel a little awkward with them both waiting on me (instead of going on with their business or stepping away from the counter until I had decided) so to speed it along I just ordered my usual. That same woman was working when I asked Nichole out (and in fact she's the one that took the order that time too) and they've both seen me in there a few times so I wouldn't be surprised if Nichole told her I asked her out. For all I know she asked her to stick around this time so we wouldn't be alone.

Nichole made my sub. I'm pretty sure she recognized me and "knew who I am", but I think she probably felt a little weird about it and maybe the opportunity for an ice breaker never came up (or maybe she was waiting for me to break the ice). Maybe the fact that she was perhaps shy is a good sign since until now she's always been very outgoing with me and everybody else in the "restaurant". :) Then again, it could be a bad sign too. Who knows. I don't think it's worth hoping for, but I guess there's always the possibility that she does split up with her boyfriend and brings it up when she sees me next. :) We'll see (or we won't); whatever.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Evert said:

Your immune system doesn't work that way.

video

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

I'd had hit her. You never know when such an occasion will arise a new time. Maybe .... Never !!
>:(

Edit: "She has a new boyfriend", Oh boy, that one is soooooo good ^^

Edit 2: Your topic and talks made me remember a sentence by Pierre Desproges, a famous French comic: "L'intelligence c'est comme le parachute, quand on en a pas on s'ecrase."
;D

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

My advice. Is to leave that girl alone dont even think about her like that any more. you did your part if she wants to be down with you she will do her part. Words from the wise King Piccolo

wow
-------------------------------
i am who you are not am i

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

piccolo said:

My advice. Is to leave that girl alone dont even think about her like that any more. you did your part if she wants to be down with you she will do her part. Words from the wise King Piccolo

I've suffered from "wax in the ears" because I was afraid, it takes judgement and experience to know for fairly certain.

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

weapon_S
Member #7,859
October 2006

This thread should have died a while ago... I think you've already wasted your window of opportunity with Nichole. Now you can reascertain that fact by trying to get a date as best as you can; or back off while making excuses to yourself and delude yourself into thinking there never was a chance; or you can admit what a dweeb you've been and laugh it off with some friends/strangers(?)(no drinkies for you :P).

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

Come on, she walked over, took over on making your sub, and laughed at something not-so-funny that you said. You need to man up, break the ice, and strike up conversation with her. :-X

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

BAF said:

You need to man up, break the ice, and strike up conversation with her. :-X

Hmm... I agree with this point, generally. You need to be sure to...

wait...

I just realized something...

she gave her number out to a guy but she has a boyfriend.

???

:-X

:-/ Eh, I guess that's not such a big deal. :)

--

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

BAF said:

Come on, she walked over, took over on making your sub, and laughed at something not-so-funny that you said. You need to man up, break the ice, and strike up conversation with her. :-X

She didn't "take over". I think when conditions allow they usually have one person making the sandwiches while the other works the register and deals with the people. When it's those two that are working Nichole usually (always?) does make the sandwich.

For whatever reason, I was rather more uncomfortable than usual. My neck felt really stiff and I just couldn't relax. I hope she didn't feel a similar discomfort, but I suspect that she did. The weird thing was that it stuck with me all day long. I noticed it at work sitting at my desk all alone. Something about it really shook me up, I guess. I don't know.

What I do know is that I suck at making conversation. I can't even make conversation with family (e.g., aunts/uncles, parents, brother, etc.). I can talk about something specific, but I usually either have more to say then they care to listen to or I have nothing to say at all. :) I haven't figured out small talk yet. :-/ When I interact with people I always let them lead the conversation.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Sounds like you made a mistake with crazy married girl then. :-/

That was probably your last chance at love. Analyze that for a bit.

Go to: