Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Allegro 5 Tutorials

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Allegro 5 Tutorials
AMCerasoli
Member #11,955
May 2010

Hey, would some one help me to improve this tutorials about allegro???

If you have time to read it, you can make a contribution by telling me to fix the orthographic errors that certainly exist... Or other important thing about allegro...

I need a lot of criticism here, I need people like gnolam, in fact I need lot of gnolams!!!

We must destroy the page...!!!! :o:o

Web page: www.cerebrospain.com/allegro_en

PS: All the page is BETA!!!

SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

A couple of issues I found:

• The links are completely indistinguishable from normal text.

• The instructions are Windows specific, but that is not mentioned anywhere.

• .rar >:(

Oh... and:

The installation might take around 30 minutes, depending of your speed connection to Internet, its weight is approximately 280 Mb.

...but Data does not weight !!

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow."-Ecclesiastes 1:18
[SiegeLord's Abode][Codes]:[DAllegro5]:[RustAllegro]

Dario ff
Member #10,065
August 2008

Why aren't the tutorials in Spanish? It's called CerebroSpain after all... English users could just refer to the wiki right?

EDIT: Oh, just clicked the flag, how silly of me. I'm still wondering why all the effort in translating it.

I need people like gnolam, in fact I need lot of gnolams!!!

;D

TranslatorHack 2010, a human translation chain in a.cc.
My games: [GiftCraft] - [Blocky Rhythm[SH2011]] - [Elven Revolution] - [Dune Smasher!]

AMCerasoli
Member #11,955
May 2010

SiegeLord said:

The links are completely indistinguishable from normal text.
The instructions are Windows specific, but that is not mentioned anywhere.
.rar

- Uh? I have test it using FireFox, IE 8, Chrome and Opera (iPod) and links are blue...
- I forgot to put "Only Windows" my bad... FIXED!!!
- .rar It's true I'm going to change it...

Dario ff said:

I'm still wondering why all the effort in translating it. English users could just refer to the wiki right?

You must be kidding me... The Wiki? Static link? configuring code::block to do static link? tutorias for newbies? WHERE!!!??? I wouldn't have create all that!!

The only good one is "Configuring Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 For Allegro 5.0.0"

Ah.. and, all the "Allegro 5 Tutorial - Tutorial for Allegro 4.9 (4.9.21+ currently)" it's outdated but still working... I guess.. :P I'm using the code :D

The rest..... For example the manual about C::B is talking about The 4.2.2 Stable Version of allegro :-/ ...

Michael Faerber
Member #4,800
July 2004

Your page seems to have taken quite a bit of effort! Congratulations!

The aforementioned Wiki is here. I think that someone with your enthusiasm could be very helpful to expand it, rather than to create your own page. ;)

--
"The basic of informatics is Microsoft Office." - An informatics teacher in our school
"Do you know Linux?" "Linux? Isn't that something for visually impaired people?"

Dario ff
Member #10,065
August 2008

Well, it is called a Wiki for a reason, isn't it? Above all, people can correct the mistakes you make in the tutorials that way. You can also upload files without using your own server space...

"Además, tengo unas ansias muy grandes de corregir esos errores ortográficos en las páginas en español. Me refiero a las tildes que faltan, y son muchas." :o

Is it against the wiki's rules to post articles on different languages?

EDIT:

I think that someone with your enthusiasm could be very helpful to expand it, rather than to create your own page. ;)

TranslatorHack 2010, a human translation chain in a.cc.
My games: [GiftCraft] - [Blocky Rhythm[SH2011]] - [Elven Revolution] - [Dune Smasher!]

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

I'm using Firefox and the only links that are blue are at the top.

Taking a quick look, I see why
<a ...><p>...</p></a>

Instead of <p><a ...>...</a></p>

Which means, the <p> tags' color setting overrides the <a> tags' color setting.

Because of the link issue, I didn't even know there were subsections already done :P

Also, do you really need MSYS?

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Dario ff said:

Is it against the wiki's rules to post articles on different languages?

Nope, if we get enough different languages, I might figure out how to properly enable mediawiki's language features...

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

AMCerasoli
Member #11,955
May 2010

Taking a quick look, I see why
<a ...><p>...</p></a>

Aww, I forgot to fix that... :(

Because Actually what I have to do is..

<a link here ... > text here ... </a>

Also, do you really need MSYS?

Well actually for these tutorials I don't, but for the next tutorials about compiling Allegro I will need it... But I Think it's important for other things.. For compile different libraries an things like that, for that reason I recommend it, but I might change that... :P

Go to: