Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Does allegro.cc have a Minecraft server anymore?

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Does allegro.cc have a Minecraft server anymore?
Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

I don't even know how that house is standing. Need to build 2 more pillars. :P

BTW: DOORBELL AWESOMENESS!!! :D

In capitalist America bank robs you.

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

What does the doorbell do? Lag earns me a click sound and nothing else. Is it hooked up to a note block or something?

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

Yes and its hidden away quite sneaky. When you hit the button... It goes... here it comes...

DING-DONG

Dario, I'll trade Fort V for your Wooden Mansion!

{"name":"603577","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/9\/5\/9599e35531ccacbf2c499cff7b72f9cb.png","w":868,"h":522,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/9\/5\/9599e35531ccacbf2c499cff7b72f9cb"}603577

P.S. The flint and steel in my hand means nothing.

ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

I tried to use the railway system, but I couldn't get it to work for me.

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Looks like the connection wants to cooperate today. I got the sandstone started, and noticed some kind soul left me a half chest of cobblestone. Sorry; already decided to roll with sandstone on this one, but thanks. 8-) Anyone want to leave some sand in there that'd be even more appreciated.

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

The only time I used a rail cart I had someone pushing me all the way - is there another way how to use them?

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Elias said:

The only time I used a rail cart I had someone pushing me all the way - is there another way how to use them?

You can use a powered cart, or cart boosters that can propel you down a long track. boosters are faster. But can be a pain to set up.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

You can use a powered cart, or cart boosters that can propel you down a long track. boosters are faster. But can be a pain to set up.

Do boosters work with powered carts? That would be sweet.

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

I have yet to implement a roller coaster. I should try one tonight. All these powered cars and boosters are interesting ...

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

Dario ff said:

Ask BAF for an hour we can all log in, make a backup, we login at that time.

Name a time (within reason). Preferably during a weekend or evening (GMT-5), so I can log in and see. :)

Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

Tomorrow is Friday... Or should we do it on Saturday? Definitely need to open a new thread to announce should a glorious moment.

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Ugh, the server is making me want to kill a puppy. Got killed from nothing, lost everything (important) in my inventory, getting tons of glitches ... think I'll just stick with the single-player for now because this is retarded. >_<

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

Possibly related to the woot off? It's over now, but it may have been causing lag issues.

--
Tomasu: Every time you read this: hugging!

Ryan Patterson - <http://cgamesplay.com/>

Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

Has anybody been able to play Minecraft in fullscreen mode? :-X

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Possibly related to the woot off? It's over now, but it may have been causing lag issues.

I get semi regular notifications of connections to facebook and google failing from my VM. Even sometimes DNS requests fail. I think maybe you have a bw/cpu issue.

--
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Dario ff
Member #10,065
August 2008

Vanneto said:

Has anybody been able to play Minecraft in fullscreen mode?

I think it was F11 or something. I admit it's quite inmersive, so be careful. ;)

BAF said:

Name a time (within reason). Preferably during a weekend or evening (GMT-5), so I can log in and see.

How about tomorrow(March 12th) at GMT-5 19:00(7 pm)? That would be 9pm for me. Or earlier too if you want. If you can't get in at that time Vanneto, let me know, I can login earlier as well.

TranslatorHack 2010, a human translation chain in a.cc.
My games: [GiftCraft] - [Blocky Rhythm[SH2011]] - [Elven Revolution] - [Dune Smasher!]

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Vanneto said:

Has anybody been able to play Minecraft in fullscreen mode?

I do sometimes, but only when exploring, not for any crafting.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Minecraft in fullscreen sucks balls on linux with a widescreen display. Stuff is all warped, and its even worse with dual displays. It spans all screens then :(

--

Neil Walker
Member #210
April 2000

mc.baf.cc keeps timing out for me?

I don't know the bandwidth but my NAS is a webserver and it's on 24 hours, but I have no idea how to configure the mineserver or how to install it on my NAS :P

Neil.
MAME Cabinet Blog / AXL LIBRARY (a games framework) / AXL Documentation and Tutorial

wii:0356-1384-6687-2022, kart:3308-4806-6002. XBOX:chucklepie

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

I get semi regular notifications of connections to facebook and google failing from my VM.

Sorry, the cable to your VM wasn't plugged in all the way. SHould be virtually perfect now.

--

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Sorry, the cable to your VM wasn't plugged in all the way. SHould be virtually perfect now.

A cable to a virtual machine? :o You have individual ethernet ports per vm?

--

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

No. I'm trolling you. But the last time I mentioned ethernet cords in this thread, I was referencing the actual email message my DC sent me.

--

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

No. I'm trolling you. But the last time I mentioned ethernet cords in this thread, I was referencing the actual email message my DC sent me.

Heh. So did you figure out the problem? I even use my own bind daemon, so DNS shouldn't fail, yet it still does, I assume when it tries to connect to the root servers, and can't.

--

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

That shouldn't have affected it. Recall that the box was under fairly low load due to using ec2. :P

I think maybe you have a bw/cpu issue.

I don't see how either of those could be an issue, the box is usually under fairly low load. I'm leaning more towards blaming XenServer - we've had more problems with that shit... I'm inclined to blame either that, or our Vyatta router VM - Vyatta is another steaming heap of shit. :-/

Dario ff said:

How about tomorrow(March 12th) at GMT-5 19:00(7 pm)? That would be 9pm for me. Or earlier too if you want. If you can't get in at that time Vanneto, let me know, I can login earlier as well.

Works for me if everyone else wants to do it.

Go to: