Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro Development » Is there a limit on the number of timers?

Credits go to BAF and Peter Wang for helping out!
This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Is there a limit on the number of timers?
Don Freeman
Member #5,110
October 2004

Is there a limit to the number of timers under the new API? I remember from the older API that there was a limit, and that limit would be lowered for each interrupt added (such as installing the mouse). Thanks for your answers.

--
"Everyone tells me I should forget about you, you don’t deserve me. They’re right, you don’t deserve me, but I deserve you."
"It’s so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don’t say it."

Peter Wang
Member #23
April 2000

No, but that's not an invitation to go overboard.

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

This is one of those questions where if you have to ask it, you're probably doing something wrong. :-X

Don Freeman
Member #5,110
October 2004

I was just thinking along the lines of timers for game animations...could make updating them all easier. Maybe you have five at 13 frames per second and one at 15 frames per second, one at 12 frames per second. You could have a timer for each unique frame per second (3 separate timers in this instance). As you said, probably not the "right" way to do something like that though. :P

--
"Everyone tells me I should forget about you, you don’t deserve me. They’re right, you don’t deserve me, but I deserve you."
"It’s so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don’t say it."

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Why a different timer interval for these? Just move them all by differing amounts per timer tick.

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Go to: