Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Plinkett: Star Trek 2009 Review

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Plinkett: Star Trek 2009 Review
Billybob
Member #3,136
January 2003

I hadn't heard about Plinkett's reviews before. I found the Star Trek '09 review to be rather hysterical, albeit in a dark, twisted sort of way sometimes. It is a long review, and he's got a good hour and a half review of the Star Wars prequels as well.

I still don't like the movie though. :P

SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

Watched the first part. It reminded of all the reasons I hated that movie.

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow."-Ecclesiastes 1:18
[SiegeLord's Abode][Codes]:[DAllegro5]:[RustAllegro]

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

I enjoyed the last StarTrek movie. It was good for what it was.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

I enjoyed the Star Trek movie, just not for the reasons I enjoyed the show.

axilmar
Member #1,204
April 2001

The guy simply hit the nail in the head. He is so right. Star Trek 2009 sucks big time.

I don't get it why everything should be built for the general audience. If they simply want to make money, do something else. I don't see why is it necessary to butcher Star Trek like that.

(thanks for the link, by the way).

Billybob
Member #3,136
January 2003

axilmar said:

I don't see why is it necessary to butcher Star Trek like that.

Money! 8-)

I saw the movie in a dollar theater, and remember walking out saying "That wasn't Star Trek. Yeah, they stole a lot of names from Star Trek, but I'm pretty sure it had nothing to do with Star Trek."

torhu
Member #2,727
September 2002

I think the guy's saying that the movie is actually good. But if you expect it to really be "Star Trek", you just set yourself up for disappointment. Hilarious review in any case, maybe I'll even go watch the movie someday :D

Sevalecan
Member #4,686
June 2004

I think the guy rambled on for far too long. I decided I was better at entertaining myself and went off to do other things.

TeamTerradactyl: SevalecanDragon: I should shoot you for even CONSIDERING coding like that, but I was ROFLing too hard to stand up. I love it!
My blog about computer nonsense, etc.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Haters. ::)

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

axilmar
Member #1,204
April 2001

They could have made the movie for the general audience and also make it a good scifi movie at the same time. Other movies, like LOTR, achieved that. ST'09 sucks not only as scifi, but as a film as well.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

axilmar said:

ST'09 sucks not only as scifi, but as a film as well.

I completely disagree.

--
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

axilmar
Member #1,204
April 2001

I completely disagree.

Disagreement accepted, our tastes differ. Personally, I think it sucks in every category of cinematography, except in special effects.

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Good review, but that's guys voice is annoying as hell.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

axilmar said:

Disagreement accepted, our tastes differ. Personally, I think it sucks in every category of cinematography, except in special effects.

I won't claim it was an awesome Star Trek movie at the very least. But it was an enjoyable popcorn experience. So much so I've seen it a few times now.

I'll even go so far as to say it was more enjoyable than several other Star Trek movies combined.

--

axilmar
Member #1,204
April 2001

But it was an enjoyable popcorn experience.

I tried watching it for a second time, but I stopped right in the first scene. I can't stand cheap emotionalism. It's ridiculous.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

I try not to ruin my own enjoyment before things even start.

--

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

I was going to give it a miss because it's late and

Billybob said:

It is a long review

but this comment

LennyLen said:

that's guys voice is annoying as hell.

made me open it. ;D

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

Go to: